Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Regular Rabbanut Yerushalayim vs Rabbanut Yerushalayim Mehad
Previous  1  2

cubbie

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:43 pm
For those of you who eat dairy rabbanut - are you aware that the dairy companies buy this milk from the chiloni kibbutzim and the milk includes that which was milked on shabbat?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 2:08 pm
cubbie wrote:
For those of you who eat dairy rabbanut - are you aware that the dairy companies buy this milk from the chiloni kibbutzim and the milk includes that which was milked on shabbat?

Yes. Halachically it's not a problem to drink milk where b'safek it was milked on Shabbos, and the great chance (85% !) is that it wasn't. Plus, many rabbanut restaurants get badatz milk by default (I know, I've seen it A LOT) so you don't even know if you are drinking regular milk.

While kashrut in EY is complicated, many people in EY hold by more chumras than people in America do, and regular American hechsherim that you listed hold by many leniencies that people in EY would never hold by, and for some reason people eat food in the US that in EY they would consider treif.

The halachot of kashrut account for the fact that we can't be sure of everything we put in our mouths and that is why there is leeway. If you choose to be machmir then you can be, but halachically that isn't the onus of the person.

Amother because I am saying very controversial stuff and don't want to be known as the [gentile woman].

cubbie

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
cubbie wrote:

Yes. Halachically it's not a problem to drink milk where b'safek it was milked on Shabbos, and the great chance (85% !) is that it wasn't. Plus, many rabbanut restaurants get badatz milk by default (I know, I've seen it A LOT) so you don't even know if you are drinking regular milk.

While kashrut in EY is complicated, many people in EY hold by more chumras than people in America do, and regular American hechsherim that you listed hold by many leniencies that people in EY would never hold by, and for some reason people eat food in the US that in EY they would consider treif.

The halachot of kashrut account for the fact that we can't be sure of everything we put in our mouths and that is why there is leeway. If you choose to be machmir then you can be, but halachically that isn't the onus of the person.

Amother because I am saying very controversial stuff and don't want to be known as the [gentile woman].

I actually eat rabbanut - everything rabbanut - I was just surprised that people hold so strong on basari, and not so strong on chalavi when given the facts.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 06 2011, 4:02 am
My DH (who eats rabbanut everything, with his ruv knowing and okaying, just for info) says Israeli rabbanut relies on more kulos than European equivalent (bet din) at least as far as meat is concerned (as I suppose all Israel produced dairy is CY?).

He still holds as does his rav that if an Orthodox rabbi gave a ok to a product or restaurant or eatery, and c'v it is not good, the sin is on the rabbi and the person did his duty by not eating random stuff.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions