Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Guests for Shalosh Seudos

Doris

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 12:33 pm
...on a usual week this is very simple, but with guests I have to spice it up, which is why I turn to all of you.

I'm looking for something which can be served cold, but not salmon.

Any ideas?

Thanks Smile

elmos

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:40 pm
You can do tuna, devilled eggs, veggie salad( israeli hearts of palm, lettuce mushroom tomato hearts of palm, ceasar, greek, mixed green salad), corn salad, noodle salads (ex sesame noodle angel hair and cabbage or macaroni or spinach pasta), dips veggie plate gef fish, apple kugel or pineapple or carrot kugel muffins all theese are various ideas pick and choose what works if you need recipes let me know

justnotsure

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:56 pm
bagels, lox and cream cheese are always yummy! If you want something different you can make a veggie frittata and serve it at room tempature. With these long Shabbosim I like my Shalosh Seudos meal to be filling so there are no after shabbos hungry kids!

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 2:24 pm
Sometimes I make a quiche (mushroom, or zucchini).

israel22

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 2:33 pm
sometimes I make sesame noodles a real treat for everyone!

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Jul 06 2011, 12:03 am
Cold cooked rice - good with bottled lemon juice on it. Cold bean salad - good with oil and vinegar, or, oil and bottled lemon juice. (You can use canned beans, rinsed, or boil your own dried beans, after rinsing and soaking 1/2 hour.) Cold boiled thin-skinned potatoes; put a little Tebouleh on top of them. No peeling of the potatoes needed at all. Cold gazpacho soup - Osem powder and tomato paste, or sauce, adding garlic powder, bottled lemon juice, and especially a little hot sauce. It is a thin soup. Serve with two ice cubes in each bowl, that's important, and have the bottle of hot sauce on the table. You can put some beans or rice into gazpacho. Each bowl could have a sliced hardboiled egg sitting in the middle, or a little tabouleh, 3 olives.

Doris

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 10:57 am
Thanks everyone...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus