Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
So I davened for you all today
1  2  Next

freidasima

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 1:43 pm
To all my Imamother friends.

My birthday comes out on shabbos this year and as a present because we were already up North for the night - long story - my husband took me on my usual birthday request, visits to kivrei zaddikim so that I could daven for myself, my family and my friends.

Last time I had a chance to post something on imamother before we went asking anyone who wanted to to send me names to daven for. Where we were the internet was very dicey last night and it "died" before I could post that request.

So when we left for our "tiyul" very early this morning (I was up at 4:30 AM already) before returning to Yerushalayim I didn't have a list of names and so I decided that I would daven for all my imamother friends in general who need: refuas hanefesh and refuas haguf, parnosseh, eitzo tovo, pri beten (children), shidduchim for themselves and their loved ones, and hatzlocho in everything...the list of things I asked for was long, although this year because I didn't have lists and therefore only mentioned my family and closest friends by name, the precise list of people's names was short...but you were all there in spirit.

So where did we go...oy did we go...I wish I knew how to post pictures, have never gotten the hang of it, because my husband, such a zaddik may he live till 127 and three weeks (that's when I'll be 120) who knows his chachmei Eretz Yisroel and Chachmei hamishna vehatalmud like the back of his hand told me that for once we were NOT going to the "usuals"...kever harambam and kever r' meir ba'al hanes, but he had surprises in store for me....he drove me into the hills...the absolute boondocks, behind yeshuvim I had never even been to all over the Gallilee to visit kevorim of a whole bunch of tanoim...

So we went to the kever of R. Elazar ben Arakh, and to the kever of R. Yossi Haglili and of R. Tarfon and r. Yossi Hacohen and R. Kruspedai and R. Yissi Ben Ya'akov and R. Elazar ben Azarya, and R. Azariya and R. Yossi Ben Ya'akov and R. Yehuda haNe'enash and his sister, and the Idra Raba and then finally....to Meron to the Rashbi.

It was fascinating. Except for meron we were the only people at any of these kevorim, they have all been renovated in the past five to ten years or so, some had bathrooms and running water to wash. Of course I'm not even going into the question of how all these tanoim who lived around Lod got themselves buried in the Galil and how we know nothing about any of these kevorim in any Masoret before around the late middle ages when most of yidden in EY lived in the Galil (which is why I love going to kever harambam because at least THERE we can pretty much be sure of a continuous masoret that the Rambam is actually buried there! Not to speak of the shelo hakadosh etc....even from the Ari' zl"s generation we can be sure that the kever is an actual kever....but as my husband pointed out, All of EY is kodosh and therefore whether it is or is not the actual authentic kever....it's good to daven all over Eretz Yisroel.

And so I did. For all of us.
I bench you all for my upcoming birthday with Yiras Hashem and sechel tov, as we say in Moden Ani every morning, with good health, long life, strong yiddishkeit, healthy and happy Jewish families, good parnosseh, sholom bayis, and inner and outer peace.

Freidasima

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 1:58 pm
Sounds like a fun and meaningful trip. I'm touched that you davened for us Imamothers!

!אמן
ימלא ד
כל משאלות לבך לטובה

mazeltov

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 2:05 pm
happy birthday and thanks for davening for all of us!

runninglate

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 2:34 pm
its so nice of you to think of us! Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 2:34 pm
Mazel Tov!
Amen! The same to you freidasima!

CatLady

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 2:44 pm
Thank you so much! Happy B-Day and many, many more, FS!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 2:50 pm
that's very nice !

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 2:54 pm
You're so thoughtful. Have a very happy birthday, Freidasima!

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 3:05 pm
It sounds amazing, and thank you! I will have to ask your DH to help me prepare an itinerary next time I an zochah to come.

cookielady

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 3:09 pm
Every year I enjoy when you write about your birthday. Thank you for your tefilos. Mazel tov.

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 3:22 pm
thank you Freidasima!

jflower

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 3:23 pm
freidasima, in you we have a true example of ahavas yisroel.

thank you so much for having us all in mind.

supermama2

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 3:46 pm
That's so sweet of you!

Happy birthday!!!

yaelinIN

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 3:48 pm
Thank you! I wish you a happy and healthy year with many, many more with your tzadik of a husband!

grace413

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 3:48 pm
Thank you for thinking of us.

Happy Birthday and may the coming year be full of health and happiness for you and your family.

cc

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 5:25 pm
Thank you. I'll take those brochos personally.
Mazel tov to you.

dilego

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 5:53 pm
mazal tov.thank u so much for thinking of all of us.u r really special.she h.shm yimale et kol mishalot libech le tova.ad mea veesrim bivriut vekoach.harbe nachat.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 6:00 pm
Thanks and Backatcha Freidasima!

soulful music

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 7:51 pm
Thank You, Freidasima!!
May you have a healthy and wonderful year together with your husband and children.

Happy Birthday cake Music

veganesther

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 7:56 pm
Thank you so much!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries