Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Teenage boy gaining weight

hope33

Post Sun, Jul 10 2011, 8:58 pm
My 13-year old DS was always very thin until recently. About a year ago his appetite began increasing tremendously. He was constantly hungry and has been gradually eating more and more, both at meals and in between. At first I thought he must be going through a growth spurt and that's why he needs to eat more, but he is getting a round face and pot belly, which clearly indicate he's eating too much. The problem is that he's not socially conscious enough to care about his looks, and whenever I suggest that he not take that extra portion, he insists he is starving and must eat it. I suspect that he's developed an addiction to food, to fill some void in his life. He is blissfully in denial and I don't know how to get through to him that he does not NEED to eat all this and it is detrimental to his health and social life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics