Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Typing software

acccdac

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 7:38 pm
I wanted to buy my kids a software which teaching kids how to type through typing games not just drill

anyone have a program that they like or worked well?

techiemom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 7:59 pm
Try the web-based program Typing Web. It's free (you do have to register) and gives you graduated lessons, printable certificates and all kinds of statistics and feedback. There are also games (they take a little bit of time to load) to practice the skills in a fun way.

And here are a few good alternatives:

1 Good Typing typing course traditional typing program with 27 levels. Must register. Must complete level to advance to next. so you can't jump around to ones you want.
2 Dance Mat Typing - cute and a little slow but traditional approach, fun
3 Peter's Online Typing Course - simple, works well, sequential lessons, makes a 'baah' sheep noise when you type the wrong key

If you want to go the paid route, Typingmaster and Mavis Beacon are both good programs.

preempservices

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:01 pm
Typershark by popcap.com - it is so engaging, even my speed improved. My daughter's High School used it. I then purchased it for our computer lab to replace an old version of Mavis Beacon.

runninglate

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 9:15 pm
My sis wants to learn to type, but has no internet access. Any suggestions for a book or program for her? Teenage level pls.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 9:34 pm
look at the library

techiemom

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 9:35 pm
I Googled typing book and there seems to be quite a few. There are some well-rated ones here, on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Ty.....94269

If you can get temporary internet access, some of the sites allow you to download drills.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics