Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Iso info about melachews

momx6

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 7:16 am
My 6 yr old dd has trouble falling asleep at nite-lately it's been as late as 11:00 pm! My friend recommended melachews. I was wonderingnif its safe to give and if it really works??

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 7:23 am
I did a lot of research and concluded that it is safe. Start with a low dose like 1 mg or less. Give it a half hour before bedtime and you will see a huge difference. You should skip two nights a week if possible like friday night and another night.

bearyspecial

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 8:11 am
Why skip 2 nights?is it addictive? 5 days a week is not too much? From what age could it be given? I just heard about melochew & I was also wondering. I have an 8 month old that needs less sleep than I do!! She takes 1-2 20 minute naps & sleeps from about 12-7 at night waking every 2 hrs to nurse! So I'm wondering if melochew would help her & if it has side effects... Thanks for any info

momx6

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 8:13 am
I'm not sure why but I'm afraid to give it. Is it hormones? I have an appt at my pediatrician Friday morning (for my 2 yr old) but I will ask him what he thinks about it. Any more info?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 8:19 am
It is a natural sleep hormone to replace the one that is missing in the body. It has nothing to do with the estrogen hormone.

Beary-probably not before three years. If your child is a bad sleeper at this age other things can be done like giving bottles at night instead of nursing which can be just a soothing thing and not real hunger.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 1:40 am
My daughter has always had irregular sleep patterns. About a year and half ago, I started giving her 1/4 of a 1mg tablet at night. Her ped said that it was totally OK, and at probably such a low dose that half the time it might just be a placebo effect! All I know is that now, before she gets her nightgown on and brushes her teeth, she will BEG for her melatonin, and by the time we get her tucked in and say Shema, she's already half asleep. If she wakes up in the middle of the night and can't get settled down, I give her another 1/4 tablet. She wakes up cheerful and ready to tackle the day, with tons of energy, and the bedtime and morning fights are OVER.

Whoever invented this stuff deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Very Happy

yersp

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 6:05 am
I have a different question about melochew: will it help the child stay asleep? my 6 yr old has a habit of waking up during the night and waking everyone in the room. He stays awake for a long while and will eventually fall asleep from I guess exhaustion so it's no wonder he's so coocoo the next day. I'm desperate here.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 7:23 am
I would give it for about a week and theb stop to see if your child jas gottm used to falling asleep on her own yet. I definitely wouldnt use it long term on a steady basis.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics