Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Crib in the Attic (Ami) - story so far please
1  2  Next

soboz

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 2:52 am
Just bought Ami magazine for the first time (issue 15 I think). Could anyone help me catch up on this story please?

nechami1

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 6:04 am
Me too, I just bought it this week and I cant make head or tail of the serials. Thanks anyone out there............ shock

zohar

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 8:14 am
The womans baby is sick and dies unfortunately in the hospitle. no one is sure why. during shiva, a nurse accuses the mother of poisoning her son. They find antifreeze in the bottle and arrest mom. its quite a depressing story, especialy because ami clames its based on a true story.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 7:39 pm
actually, shayna dropped her son accidentally, which is what he died from. the nurses found antifreeze in his bottle and she's accused of killing him.

(I feel like screaming that the antifreeze probably came from china where the bottle was made, no?)

intrigued

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 2:09 pm
I also only just started it as we only started getting the Ami in the UK again. Why doe Shayna seem so unaffected and just worried about her well-being? It doesn't mention her missing her baby.

Chloe

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 2:59 pm
Mamabear, I have a feeling that the nasty nurse is responsible for the anti-freeze in the bottle.

crush

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 4:05 pm
intrigued wrote:
I also only just started it as we only started getting the Ami in the UK again. Why doe Shayna seem so unaffected and just worried about her well-being? It doesn't mention her missing her baby.

She has mentioned it, many times, how much she misses him. Maybe not in the latest chapters that you started from, though.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 10:18 pm
Intrigued, Shayna is missing the baby terribly, this is already chapter 14 or so, it was discussed in detail in chapters 2-8 or so... it's advancing at a snail's pace, the entire story so far took place in less than a week's time...

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 10:22 pm
The true story is this: a child had a disease that made him pee anti-freeze (or whatever chemical was in anti-freeze). He was removed from the mom's custody. Later he died.
They accused the mom of putting anti-freeze in the bottle.

Story here and here:

http://www.msbp.com/stlouis.htm

http://www.justicedenied.org/p.....s.htm

nechami1

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 3:24 am
Its funny how all of you have a different version of the same story!!!!!!! Tongue Out

alwaysbusy2

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 12:13 pm
Chloe wrote:
Mamabear, I have a feeling that the nasty nurse is responsible for the anti-freeze in the bottle.

This. sad story

intrigued

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 8:20 am
So as this is the 3rd week we have gotten it in the UK. I am still trying to figure this story out. Is it only me? Or does anyone else thinks it's written without feeling? Last weeks was just so boring with no emotion at all. IT is hard to believe thats he has just lost her baby and is going through all this! I am finding it very monotonous and no feelings!

Happy 2B

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 8:47 pm
I thought this story really happened to a Jewish lady. The links are not to a story about Jewish mother.

Chloe

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 11:13 pm
intrigued wrote:
So as this is the 3rd week we have gotten it in the UK. I am still trying to figure this story out. Is it only me? Or does anyone else thinks it's written without feeling? Last weeks was just so boring with no emotion at all. IT is hard to believe thats he has just lost her baby and is going through all this! I am finding it very monotonous and no feelings!

I feel the same way. The story is way too emotionless.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 6:54 am
This story has more holes than Sswiss cheese.

1. WHERE WAS THE JEWISH COMMUNITY???? If a mother, a pregnant one at that, would be arrested/sentenced for something like this, there would be rallies, pidyon shevuyim campaigns, she would have the best lawyers... Such a story COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED in Monsey, maybe in a small out of town place, NOT in te middle of metropolitan Jewland.

2. WHAT EXACTLY happened in the 9 months from when she was imprisoned til now? nothing?

3. The US Penal system does NOT work the way Sherri describes it. But anyway. I really dislike this story.

I'm terribley terribly sad at the way the other serial ended in the Ami. I thought it would have a happy ending Sad.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 6:57 am
They did change a lot of the details from the real version because some dumb people complained-as usual. The real version is also that her dh was not on her side....

I am upset about the other ending too-it ended on 2002, was there no update since?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 7:02 am
It did end on 2011. reread. 2011, still status quo like in 2002.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 7:14 am
This story makes me want to cry in a weird way. They say that it's true, but it seems to be totally made up.

It's not well written. We have no sense of the characters' personalities. They all seem to be characters in a 6th grade composition - very flat and lifeless.

Shaina is not a likeable person in this story, which makes the whole story very unappealing.

Amy3

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:46 pm
I did NOT like the refrences this weeks chapter made..
How Shaina's MIL came running out with the bottle and a diaper bag..
how the husband says "Here feed your baby"....and shes eating and getting sick..
I dont know.... Anyone think the MIL poisoned the bottle? or s/t really strange like that??

September June

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:52 pm
See the links HindaRochel posted above.

I think the story is starting to wrap up. The venice story just ended (finally!). Hope the next serials will be more interesting.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room