Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rabbanut petach tikvah

ffbmom

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 12:31 am
I know that in every district the Rabbanut is different. Anyone know about the Rabbanut Petach Tikvah hechsher for dairy?

shalhevet

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 3:45 am
How can you get an answer for that here? Some people will tell you they eat it and others they don't. You didn't even ask a clear question, even if someone would know the answer.

The only definite thing I can tell you about any rabbanut hechsher is that they are legally obliged to accept any other rabbanut. So, for example, if the bakery owner wants to put in pie filling with the rabbanut of Eilat or Kiryat Shmona or TA (not saying these are any worse, IDK) - the mashgiach in PT cannot object.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 3:58 am
I think it is better than Rabanut Yerushalyim but that being said I wouldn't eat it.

For hechsharim you need to speak with your LOR what you should/shouldn't hold of.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 6:31 am
You need to speak to your rav.

BTW, many people who do not usually eat regular rabbinut kosher will eat rabbinut kosher from Petach Tikva (and/or Yerushalayem, Rehovot, Zefat).

shalhevet

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 6:43 am
DrMom wrote:

BTW, many people who do not usually eat regular rabbinut kosher will eat rabbinut kosher from Petach Tikva (and/or Yerushalayem, Rehovot, Zefat).

I think you are talking about the mehadrin in those places, not regular rabbanut.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 6:48 am
shalhevet wrote:
DrMom wrote:

I think you are talking about the mehadrin in those places, not regular rabbanut.

I also thought so. I would, mostly.

ffbmom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 12:40 am
Thanks everyone. I was just trying to understand all this. When I asked my Rav, basically he said which camp do I think I belong to? Chareidi or Dati Leumi. I said Jewish. Seems that is not enough in Israel.

I do not eat chalav Yisrael at home, though that is not a problem in Israel. I just wanted to be sure they check their vegetables (much easier in Israel because you could buy great already-checked vegetables) and are careful about the Mitzvot Hateluyim BeAretz, such as Trumot, Shmitta, etc. I really don;t know enough about the Mitzvot that are just in Eretz Yisrael. Someone said all fruit and vegetables are kosher in Israel.

From what I understood, the Rabbanut is dependent on which Rabbi is in that particular neighbourhood. That is why I asked specifically about Rabbanut Petach Tikvah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions