Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
ISO chalav yisrael full fat yogurt
1  2  Next

newmommy1

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 7:33 pm
Does it exist? If so, could somebody give me a brand name so I can ask my grocer if he would carry it? Thank you

Raizle

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 7:59 pm
gosh boy do I love these posts........!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU??????????

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 8:04 pm
Why do you want a full fat yogurt ?

bfg

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 8:07 pm
There are several yogurts geared for children that are full fat. Young children need fat for neurological development and should not be using skim or low fat yogurt products.

I think there is a yogurt called "Kids" or "Kidz" and a few others that are made with regular milk. They are usually in a smaller size container

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 8:20 pm
A couple years ago Morning Select (?) I think made some that were full fat, but I don't remember the name of that line of yogurt. A single serve container had ~250 calories or more. I also had a hard time finding it as well as I really wanted full fat for my skinny toddler. I think I found it at Rockland Kosher.

Since then, she's not as skinny and also able to eat more foods, so I stopped seeking out full fat dairy products.

rse

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 9:35 pm
I give my baby the "givat kids" yougourt its in a small blue container

newmommy1

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 10:44 pm
I'm looking for yogurt to give to a baby. I usually do give Givat Kids but it was pointed out to me that it's also made with skim milk/low fat milk products.

Pamela

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 10:53 pm
Try "yogurt deluxe"

chatz

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 11:03 pm
You could also try making your own homemade yogurt using full fat milk. Google homemade yogurt. It's not too difficult, but I've had it randomly come out great and randomly flop.

(Right now, I'm not in my homemade mood and buy lebens or j&j yogurt deluxe - made of low fat stuff plus cream, so there's more fat than regular.)

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:20 am
Seems like they finally heard us. There is now a full fat cholov yisroel yogurt on the market from Norman I think. Just saw it at the supermarket.

cnc

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:31 am
ra_mom wrote:
Seems like they finally heard us. There is now a full fat cholov yisroel yogurt on the market from Norman I think. Just saw it at the supermarket.

Is it Greek or regular?

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:35 am
ra_mom wrote:

This is so funny. We know the guy from Norman's and my husband brought this up to him a few months ago. He said they did have one but didn't know there was such a demand to market more. Looks like they finally did.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:37 am
tigerwife wrote:
This is so funny. We know the guy from Norman's and my husband brought this up to him a few months ago. He said they did have one but didn't know there was such a demand to market more. Looks like they finally did.

They didn't have one previously. All their kids versions were low fat. I was looking for this for years and it was discussed many times on this forum.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:38 am
cnc wrote:
Is it Greek or regular?
Regular. Tiny toddler size cups.

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:49 am
ra_mom wrote:
They didn't have one previously. All their kids versions were low fat. I was looking for this for years and it was discussed many times on this forum.

Right. It was based on Ima that I asked. He told us about the little cups (just in vanilla and strawberry, right?) It was strange because I'd never seen them before.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:57 am
tigerwife wrote:
Right. It was based on Ima that I asked. He told us about the little cups (just in vanilla and strawberry, right?) It was strange because I'd never seen them before.

There is no flavor as I could see on the full fat. But I think I saw sweetener, not sure. And it's not something they had a few months ago. So glad they came out with something. Smile

seeker

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 11:27 am
I'm 99% sure Mehadrin has a whole milk yogurt, not the cute little kid cups but the plain 32 oz family size kind. I can't vouch for it, though, because I use the non-CY brands personally. If you want individual portions, I have bought reusable food pouches that are really cute.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 12:07 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm 99% sure Mehadrin has a whole milk yogurt, not the cute little kid cups but the plain 32 oz family size kind. I can't vouch for it, though, because I use the non-CY brands personally. If you want individual portions, I have bought reusable food pouches that are really cute.

Mehadrin is low fat. But glad there's something out there now for babies and nursing moms. Seems the toddler one is flavored afterall.
https://breadberry.com/#!/hb/s/1/m/000000/r/11377/he/Brooklyn/kosher-dairy/kosher-yogurt/mehadrin-vanilla-yogurt-32-oz
https://breadberry.com/#!/hb/s/1/m/000000/r/38212/he/Brooklyn/kosher-dairy/kosher-yogurt/normans-kiddie-vanilla-yogurt-35-oz

seeker

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 12:39 pm
Oh well. Misremembered I guess.

Fiveboyz

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 12:45 pm
So funny that you asked I discovered j&j
Deluxe blended yogurt I buy either the cafe or the vanilla flavor it tastes almost like ice cream
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen