Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pesticides and chemicals, please tell me how to avoid them??

amother

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:13 pm
I am becomming very concerned about the danger of pesticides.

My kids love strawberries and for MONTHS I have been buying them and rinsing them with water and giving it to them to eat (and they are only 2 and 1). I just read up on them and found out they are full of pesticides. And water is not sufficient enough to remove the pesticide residue. WHat did I expose my children to CH"V?

Also potatoes....for kugel EVERY week we use whole potatoes with skin. It's also on the dirty dozen list of food high in pesticides.

And then....we got an ant problem in my house and I mean a MAJOR problem with ants in the 100's. I got an exterminator who sprayed my first floor - I really had no choice. But I read there are risks with that too.

I'm nervous for my kids.

There are like chemicals in everything. How do I live.

alte mamme

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 11:24 pm
Ok, take a deep breath! You will live and so will your children!

Realize that most people don't worry about this sort of thing at all. If you are becoming aware of these things while your children are young, you are ahead of the game. No point in worrying about what's already been done.

I agree that pesticides and chemicals are dangerous but you can't let it paralyze you either. There are reasonable ways to respond to these things and you will find a way that works for you and your household.

I keep a little bottle of Dr. Bronner's baby mild castile soap, heavily diluted with water, next to my kitchen sink. I wash EVERYTHING with soap and water. I know it doesn't solve the problem, but it's better than just water and I feel like I am doing something.

Feel free to PM me if you want other ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics