Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pediatrician in Flatbush- Help me find a good one!

Mirchrude

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:13 am
I am very unhappy with my current pediatrician. Can anyone recommend a pediatrician in flatbush that they are VERY happy with? thanx!

overthehill

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:21 am
Dr. Wahba.

His office runs chick chock

His office staff is phenomenal.
They return calls promptly.
His wife is his office manager and she seems to have that place running quite efficiently.
His appointments run ON TIME!!!

Unless there is an emergency, Ive never sat more than a few minutes
Hes super with the little kids and explains everything to the older ones, including the use of charts sometimes.

Seems to be a good diagnostician, though BH havent had any major sicknesses , BH, Bli Ayin Hara!
He is patient, does everything himself including vaccines and blood, and has alot of office staff to get everything all prepared.
What I like is that after hours when the office is closed, he has a number for emergencies that he answers by himself or you leave him a message and he always calls back. No annoying service.

He is VERY calm. sometimes too calm. but I guess thats good when you are a nervous wreck!
Hours are basically 9-5 during the week, till 12 on Friday and Sunday for sick kids only.
During the summer, he is in on 4 weekdays in the AM.

BTW, its on Bedford between Khway and P

wwmom

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:44 am
I don't use him personally but I know pple. who do who are very happy.

MommyZ

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:49 am
Lew, Mark B MD - Mark B Lew Pediatric Center

(718) 859-6440

2704 Glenwood Rd, Brooklyn, NY 11210

I used him for 5 1/2 years until we moved out of Brooklyn.

runninglate

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:49 am
I have also heard that dr wahba is great. I used dr chana gelbfish. I found her to be very competent and I really trusted her. Wait time is very long, though. You can pm me for more details.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:57 am
depends on your schedule. if you're a sahm, I recommend dr. robert antar. he's great. doesn't have late office hours, so not good for working full time. also, his wait time is long, but that's because he spends time with his patients.

bobeli

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:59 am
Dr. Norowitz is great, very experienced and calm.
the staff is very helpful and nice.
if you want more info pm me

ntm1

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 12:49 pm
I'm very happy with Dr. Beit Yaccov. however my kids are still babies. His office is in his basement on 24th and Ave. O- so basically whenevr you need an appt. he can work with you. I have never waited more then 5 minutes. He moves fast and I find him very caring and understanding.

newmother

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 1:08 pm
I am very happy with Dr Samuel Bekar (718) 787-1017 on 13th between kings highway and R. He is a real mentch and really cares about each of his patients.

shanie5

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 2:45 pm
I loved Dr. Henry Fishman when I lived in flatbush. He used to be on ave P. and east 13th. Not sure if he is still there or not.

happybeingamom

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 3:14 pm
ntm1 wrote:
I'm very happy with Dr. Beit Yaccov. however my kids are still babies. His office is in his basement on 24th and Ave. O- so basically whenevr you need an appt. he can work with you. I have never waited more then 5 minutes. He moves fast and I find him very caring and understanding.

I ditto that, I have been very happy with him.

octopus

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 3:17 pm
I'm also really, really happy with dr. beit yaakov. He has an excellent rapport with my kids. and when I had a REAL medical emergency with one of my kids (I had to call hatzalah and everything) I called him and he was available (after hours) and I was just so grateful. I've never had to wait long, either.

sandwich

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 11:50 am
I second Dr. Norowitz I used him when I lived in NY
and was very happy with him

naturelover

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 2:50 pm
I use Dr Wahba and so far I am very happy with him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries