Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Torah Umesorah teacher center?

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 12:32 pm
What is it, exactly? I remember seeing ads for it a while ago and I looked it up on chinuch.org, but I still can't get an idea of what you actually can do there.

http://chinuch.org/teacher_center.php

I'm mostly interested in the "make it and take it" aspect since I don't teach limudei kodesh so probably won't be interested in their lesson plans and such. Anyone know how much the materials cost there? Is it worth a trip to Brooklyn or should I just go to an office depot or kinko's for my printing/laminating/etc?

leah66

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 1:08 pm
I don't know it the price difference is enough of a reason to make a trip. If you're looking for ideas, or would like to put posters together in a place where there is a lot of supplies, or want help printing things out (they'll tell you if it will come out blurry) then I would recommend it.

It's a great place, and it's fun to visit. Make sure to check out their hours, and come a while before it closes if you want the staff to help you.

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 2:32 pm
my favorite thing there was the die-cut machine. my local teacher center only has a few cuts, while they have TONS. just bring your own paper, cuz they charge a lot.

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 2:57 pm
charge a lot = ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics