Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
2009 uppa baby vs 2010

amother

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 8:48 pm
I know that the seat on the 2009 does not fully sit up. Does this bother you or baby?
I know that the 2010 does and was wondering if it pays to buy the 2010 over the 2009. Prefer not to spend the extra money on the 2010 but want to make sure making right decision.

Newly Wed

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 10:00 pm
Can't tell you if the 2010 is better since I haven't spoken to anyone who has one but I can tell you that the most upright position on the 2009 is not very upright or comfy at all. My baby hates it and always sits in a slouched position.

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 8:23 am
My baby shleps herself up so she can sit straight.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 8:37 am
I have the 2010 and am still using the bassinet, but went through the same dilemma as you. I did a LOT of research and chose the uppa over the bugaboo for many of its features - but the one major glitch that everyone complained about was the toddler seat's positioning - so as soon as they announced that this was fixed for 2010, I chose to go with the uppa 2010 (though fyi I was totally planning on buying a fancy expensive carriage slightly used off craig's list for a LOT less than full price).

amother

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 9:59 am
I have the 2010...two of my friends have the 2009 and ALWAYS complain about the seat not being able to go into a fully upright position. One friend is actually considering selling her 2009 for the 2010, but they are both quite similar with minor aesthetic changes. Another thing about the 2010 is the brake system which goes on and off just by pressing (you don't ruin your shoe by lifting up)...Hope this helps!

wanderer

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 10:23 am
I have the 2010 too. Besides for the added seat position, it is also a taller seat, so it can accomodate an older child. It's also more padded than the '09 model.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 11:15 pm
I have the 2010 I luv it my friend has the 2009 she hates it just bec of seat

sarah86

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 12:11 am
I have the 2009 model. I have a love hate relationship with my stroller! I love how it strolls! It is so easy to push, and the huge underbasket is great! But the seat does not sit up all the way-so awful for my 15 month old, and it is so gigantic and heavy! I don't own a car-and basically never go anywhere b/c taking a cab with it is such a pain in the neck! Hope this helps!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 8:01 am
I have the 2009 version and my DD is always pulling herself up with the rollover bar to sit up straight. Had I known the 2010 model was gonna be different I would have waited the 2 months and gotten the new model. I am waiting for UppaBaby to come out with a replacement seat and then I will buy it. I did look into selling my 2009 to buy the 2010 but it just never happened. I would definitely spend the extra money and get the 2010.

saweetie

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 12:42 am
I bought the 2010 on ebay. I love it except that I don't like how it opens from the folded position. I end up getting my skirt dirty from the wheels almost every time. also find it to be kinda heavy....but rides great and DS loves it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics