Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What does it mean if someone calls you "love"

amother

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 6:43 pm
an older woman from work always calls me love. "how are you, love?" or "bye love"

is this something all people say to be nice or does she just feel a bit affectionately to me

lilacdreams

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 7:10 pm
is she British? Brits use it a lot.
either way it is just a term of endearment for someone, and does not mean she has a crush on you!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 9:25 pm
I don't think it means anything. she prob. uses the term very loosely and often.

6coop

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 9:55 pm
I had a friend who called everybody "hon" (as in honey). My dh was very taken aback the first time she said it to him, but it meant nothing, it was just the way she spoke. I think "love" is a similar sort of thing.

iriska_meller

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:12 pm
I wouldn't think twice about it. It is just a way some people convey their good attitude towards you Smile

groisamomma

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:32 pm
Yikes, I say it all the time embarrassed. If I did say it to you, it doesn't mean anything it's just an expression.

zaq

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:04 pm
It's meaningless, just a mannerism. Is she British? Yanks tend to say "dear" or "hon" or "sweetie". They prob don't say that to ppl they actively dislike, but beyond that it doesn't mean much.

eschaya

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 8:09 pm
I have a co-worker who uses it all the time. Was weird at first, now completely normal. No, I don't think she "loves" you

amother

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 8:28 am
some people use these expressions especially when you are a lot younger than them. kind of like a motherly/grandmotherly thing to do. I once had a private teacher at my home for something and she called me darling. it doesn't mean anything, most likely she is just fond of you.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 12:42 pm
there's a woman at my work that calls everyone love, I think it's partially because she cannot remember anyone's name..

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 1:23 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
there's a woman at my work that calls everyone love, I think it's partially because she cannot remember anyone's name..

you're the first person to offer that explanation and I'll bet you're right, that's why most people do it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics