Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
New working mom - vent

jba

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 7:26 pm
I recently gave birth to our first child. Thank G-d I recuperated very quickly and I am now back at work. I work for a very small office (I am the office) with alot of time related projects. I can bring our daughter to work and work part of the time from home. Technically the job is part time and flexible hours, but I feel like I am working all day! Also, schlepping her and all her stuff with me is really difficult. I don't/can't leave her with someone and I know this is the best set up, it's just alot to adjust to. Any advice to make it easier? Thanks.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 8:07 pm
well... Maybe leave supplies at work, so that all u have todo is bring the baby?

tziviakayla

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 8:49 pm
You are so fortunate that you can do this! Think about all the money you save on babysitting...and you get to be with your baby and earn money at the same time!

I agree with MitzvahMom, leave diapers, wipes, formula and bottles (if you use them), and clothes for the baby at work. Also, leave a change of clothing for yourself...just in case the baby gets you! As the baby gets older, leave toys and books to entertain her. Fisher Price makes a "Take Along Swing" that is very small and folds up.

Frumom

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 10:00 pm
I dont want to discourage you, what doesn't work for one may work for another. For me, it only worked until my son became more mobile and needed more stimulation.
Definitely leave supplies at the office like others mentioned- that made things a lot easier.
I had a really nice boss who let me nurse in a private room anytime.
If you have to work or want to for a while, look into other options just in case.
Good Luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics