Home

How long can chicken soup stay in the fridge?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011, 10:06 am       Post subject: How long can chicken soup stay in the fridge?
If I cook a fresh pot today, can I safely serve it next shabbos? I know it would be better to freeze it, but I don't like the way the vegetables come out after they've been frozen, and I hate to reboil it with fresh vegetables.

TIA

ChaniH

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011, 10:17 am       Post subject:
4 days tops!!!!!

Mommy F.

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011, 10:18 am       Post subject: re: How long can chicken soup stay in the fridge?
usually soup will last 4-5 days in the fridge

Just use the:
Food Storage Chart - Food Storage Guidelines
Shelf Life of Food - Refrigerator & Freezer Storage Chart

http://whatscookingamerica.net.....rChart.htm

imabima

Post Posted: Sat, Aug 13 2011, 11:10 pm       Post subject: re: How long can chicken soup stay in the fridge?
Eh, I've eaten chicken soup after a couple of weeks and it was still yummy!

ra_mom

Post Posted: Sat, Aug 13 2011, 11:54 pm       Post subject: Re: How long can chicken soup stay in the fridge?
amother wrote:
If I cook a fresh pot today, can I safely serve it next shabbos? I know it would be better to freeze it, but I don't like the way the vegetables come out after they've been frozen, and I hate to reboil it with fresh vegetables.

TIA
So freeze the broth, and keep the vegetables in the fridge.
That way at least you know the soup is good, and you can taste the refrigerated veggies before you add them to the warming soup, to make sure they are still good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 1 of 1