Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Grape Juice

imaamy

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 12:29 am
Wasn't sure where to put this--I read in another thread you can't make havdalah over grape juice but you can over tea? My DH and I hadn't heard of this. Can anyone explain?

timeout

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 11:41 am
My husband always makes Havdala over grape juice maybe the person was saying you can also make havdala on tea.

If the grape juice is not allowed I would be interested to know where it sayd it and why?

imaamy

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 11:58 am
I still don't know how to quote! In the "feeling very overwhelmed" thread, the original poster says she isn't supposed to make havdalah over grapejuice.

Tefila

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 12:07 pm
Imamy Maybe b/c she's allergic etc not so much b/c it's halachic thats what I surmised from her post.

Also if you highlight copy w/h right handed button on mousethe part you want. Then, on the reply paste w/h right handed button and then hilight again and do quote once, it should work.
Hatzlacha Tongue Out I know it took me a few posts to work it out too Wink

imaamy

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 2:42 pm
freilich, this is me trying it....
Also if you highlight copy w/h right handed button on mousethe part you want. Then, on the reply paste w/h right handed button and then hilight again and do quote once, it should work.

thank you so much!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 8:17 pm
[quote="freilich"]Imamy Maybe b/c she's allergic etc not so much b/c it's halachic thats what I surmised from her post.

quote] Actually, there is at least a preference for wine halachically, and I'm pretty sure if wine is available, one should not use grape juice, but lacking the actual source ( will ask my husband iyh) I'll just mention an incredible miracle story that was printed in Beis Moshiach magazine.

A little girl ( Lubavitcher family) was diagnosed at a very young age with a severe disorder of the eyes, which was getting progressively worse. World class experts were consulted and surgery was recommended, but even so , the doctors were not optimistic.

The little girl's father wrote to the Rebbe, and placed the letter in the Igros Kodesh. He was amazed to see that on the page he opened up to the Rebbe wrote to someone who had a problem with their eye, and the Rebbe advised him to be scrupulous regarding "yayin l'kiddush u'lehavdalah"( wine for Kiddush and havdalah - it is a known segulah for good vision.) The father of the child realized that this was a direct answer from the Rebbe, because indeed, he always made havdalah on grape juice! (I think he had sensitivity to wine). That very next Motzei Shabbos he made havdalah on wine, disregarding his own sensitivity. At the next check-up the parents were told the astounding news that their daughter had improved so substantially, that she no longer required monthly checkups, but only every few months. Her glasses prescription
was reduced by half!

I first read this story a few months ago, but recently had the zchus to hear it told to me firsthand from the child's grandmother, who was a guest by us for YomTov.

imaof7

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 12:09 am
I also just heard this story from a good friend of ours from Israel, now we always use wine for havadalah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen