Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Did you ever vacation in vermont?

runninglate

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 10:11 pm
if so, how was it? What were your favorite attractions? I may go for two days, and will be taking along a sixteen month old. Or does anyone have other suggestions near bklyn, new york? Thanks.

runninglate

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 7:45 am
bump

chanchy123

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 8:01 am
We did a sort of vacation in VT in the fall about 4 years ago.
(We were there for about two days).
We did Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory - that was yummy and the teddy bear factory tour (which was really geared towards kids).

runninglate

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 8:20 am
thanks. I dont eat cholov stam and a sixteen month old is prob too young for the teddy bear factory, am I right? What else is there to do there?

runninglate

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 12:24 pm
bump

momx6

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 1:33 pm
I've been to Vermont many times. Its really gorgeous its just not a "fun" place to go to. It's more the relaxing, chilled out place to be. Lots of beaches and state parks. If your looking for fun New Hampshire is more the place to be.

ChayaZ09

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 1:43 pm
We camped for 5 days near Brattleboro four years ago. There are things to do with children, especially if you are interested in nature. As a previous poster noted, though, it's mostly a place to go to to get away and enjoy the peaceful, quiet scenery.

cookie1

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 5:44 pm
I was there last year..had a gr8 time. Did alot of farms, hayrides, boating, swimming in hotel pool, fruit/veg picking..loved it! also did ben and Jerry, Vermont Teddy bear (very expensive), parks, walk around town.

momx6

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 5:53 pm
cookie1 wrote:
I was there last year..had a gr8 time. Did alot of farms, hayrides, boating, swimming in hotel pool, fruit/veg picking..loved it! also did ben and Jerry, Vermont Teddy bear (very expensive), parks, walk around town.

We did the farms, boating... Vermont Teddy Bear is not an expensive tour, just if you want to buy a real vermont teddy bear then it gets really expensive! We actually stayed in Rutland (near Killington). But Stowe is really the place to stay, much much nicer (and of course much more expensive)

runninglate

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 5:55 pm
thanks, cookie1. Can u be more specific, like maybe you remember names of farms, parks, etc. Also, which city did you go to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics