Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 year old started putting fingers in his mouth

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 9:30 pm
He loves his pacifier and around the time we started enforcing using it nighttime only I noticed that sometimes when he’s tired or observing things, he sticks a few fingers in his mouth.

Is there anything I can do to prevent it? I’m wondering if letting him have his pacifier is the better of the two evils since I hate that he’s putting his germy fingers in his mouth, especially now.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 9:32 pm
I have the same thing!! I just keep reminding him, to take fingers out, they have germs. sometimes he listens, sometimes not....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 9:35 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I have the same thing!! I just keep reminding him, to take fingers out, they have germs. sometimes he listens, sometimes not....

He doesn’t understand the concept of germs yet... and I feel like the more I say no to it, the more he’s tempted to do it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:38 am

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 4:42 am
It seems like he is not quite ready yet to give up his pacifier. Maybe let him have it back and try again when he is older. It will probably be easyer to bribe him with a prize to give it up.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:23 am
He needs to suck. He needs that’s oral stimulation. Try giving him a chewy stick or necklace to have during the day..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:14 am
SuperWify wrote:
He needs to suck. He needs that’s oral stimulation. Try giving him a chewy stick or necklace to have during the day..

I did, he wasn’t interested...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics