Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Glasses for baby

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 2:33 am
My dd needs glasses! She is now 14 months!

I took it very hard when I first heard this, it's not easy to walk around with your baby wearing glasses, with all the stares and questions....

Her eyes were cross-eyed since four months and she's been on and off the glasses since,(she also has very high numbers on both eyes) and after two consultations we decided to have her undergo surgery to straighten the eyes, but now after the surgery the doc said she MUST wear her glasses, if not the strain of her eyes can make the eyes cross again, ruining the results.

It's been pretty tough getting her to stay with the glasses, we finally managed but now that she's back in playgroup, the kids will keep taking it off!

Anyone with experience?

momoffive

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 6:28 am
My son's been wearing glasses since he's a few weeks old. Don't remember other kids taking them off, but he would chew on them every chance he got! And you would not BELIEVE (oh, yeah, you would) the stupid comments I got! He's now approaching bar mitzvah and doesn't stand out so much - many boys in his class are wearing glasses by now.

Buy her adorable glasses and enjoy her!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 9:32 am
DD wore glasses since a young age. I taught her that no one could touch them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics