Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Im really nervous about this

amother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 7:47 pm

my son just turned 2, and I recently noticed that his "sack"(sorry if TMI)is really small.I wento check it out by my pediatrician ,he examined him and said that true it is small & he showed me thet his testicals are a bit higher than where they should be. he showed me both of them, & told me not to worry. he said usually it moves down on its own< or if c"V not, then surgery is needed at a certain point, I guess.
I was so taken aback that I hardly asked more questions abt this!! now im wondering if anyone went through this, or any info on this??

amother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 10:09 pm
I had this with my son and he had the surgery. At the time of surgery, once he was relaxed under anestesia they only felt one testicle. so they brought it down and tied it down to secure it from a torsion (twisting) and to prevent the loss of his one testicle and they said it will absolutly not affect his ability to have children.
Good Luck.
The surgery is very easy, recovery very quick, and it leaves no scar as they do it on the "seam"

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 10:14 pm
It's a lot more common than you'd think. The majority of the time they do drop down into place by themselves, and if he does need surgery its a very minor and routine procedure.

My friend's son had this condition, and her doctor told her to teach her son to pull them down and tug on them whenever possible. shock You might need to check with your rav on that, but if it's for a medical reason and to prevent surgery it may be permitted.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 12:24 am
I would just say that the kid should never know. No talking about it allowed, where or when he can overhear. Psychological. It won't occur to him, or anybody else, to notice or think about it, if it has never been mentioned in his hearing, IYH.

(That doc might have told the kid himself, not have the mother teach, this pulling down. If the doc was a man. It's a guy thing.)

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 1:28 am
My son had the surgery when he was a year old. He also had a hernia that needed repairing so they did both at the same time.

He recovered fine. I know I was definitely more traumatized watching them take him down the hall to the OR. He never seemed to be in any pain after.

ElTam

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 9:01 am
I have had a few friends whose sons had this. They all resolved on their own.

Besoros tovos.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 9:29 am
op here. thanks for your replies! does anyone know how long they wait till they dec to go with surgery?
also, is this considered a "birth defect", or something that just develops over time?

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 10:05 am
OP, let us banish phrases like the one you mention. It is just words. Why should we upset ourselves with words? Hugs and Good Shabbos. Your beautiful son will tower over you one day, very, very soon, and will give you much nachos. In the fullness of time you will take great joy from the support of his strong arm.

EmesOrNT

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 10:14 am
undropped testicles r very common. nothing to worry abt, just fix it and be done. it doesn't affect his sperm count, its just a cosmetic thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics