Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Need an oven-baked, not-breaded, nice-looking cutlet recipe

6coop

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 12:00 am
I know that it's being very picky, but we need a cutlet recipe for a sit-down dinner and the guest of honor doesn't like breaded chicken. It's for too many people to stand over the stove and fry or grill, so we need something that we could bake in the oven. We're trying to make it a formal event, so we would also like for it to look pretty. Of course it should taste good too.

Does a recipe exist? Thanks.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 12:22 am
Why can't you broil in the oven?

And why make cutlets then? Do some nice baked whole chickens.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 12:27 am
What about a stuffed-chicken-breast type thing?
KBD has a kishka-stuffed recipe, and I make a stuffed-cutlet with traditional Thanksgiving-style sage, rosemary and breadcrumb/matzo farfel stuffing. Pound the cutlets thin enough to wrap around some stuffing, and bake seam-side down. You can make a sweet, shiny glaze with apricot preserves.

I've also made kebabs in the oven -- just thread the skewers, then lay across a 9x13 baking pan (so that the ends of the skewers balance on the sides of the pan, and the chicken chunks/veggies are open to the heat on all sides).

The problem with baking cutlets is making sure they don't look pale and ugly, or get dried out. Most recipes for baked chicken with bones can be adapted for boneless chicken, just make sure it's a recipe with bright spices or vegetables (like fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, curry powder, etc. so that the cutlets don't look anemic), and don't cook it for as long.

Bliss

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 1:07 am
I was gonna suggest kebabs as bigsis did. You can add a good sauce to it as well.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 1:16 am
rolled and stuffed chicken (with either kishka inside, pastrami, spinach, etc. and then baked with a sauce on top)

or marinate cutlets overnight in just a bit of olive oil, along with your usual grilling spices (make sure the marinade is rubbed all over before closing the bag for overnight marinating) the olive oil working on the cutlets overnight will really keep the cutlets juicy when they are baked, even without the breading.

culinaryk

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 1:24 am
Here are some good choices:
1) chicken cutlet in wrap
http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....p/397
2)crispy chicken cutlet
http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....s/587
3)chicken spaghetti: this recipe calls for chicken bottom but I make it with chicken cutlets that I have sliced in strips. I make this dish practically every week.
http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....I/314
4)breaded chicken cutlet with pastrami
http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....I/148

enjoy they are really all declicious!

EMmom

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 6:42 am
How about a chicken cacciatore? or a phyllo wrapped chicken cutlet?

baba

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 7:06 am
I just recently found a recipe that calls for chicken breast with slices of mango and snow peas all covered in sweet and sour sauce, baked in the oven. Let me know if your interested and I'll look it up.

shabri

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 7:18 am
baba wrote:
I just recently found a recipe that calls for chicken breast with slices of mango and snow peas all covered in sweet and sour sauce, baked in the oven. Let me know if your interested and I'll look it up.

sounds yum--can you post?

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 7:26 am
You can simply marinate cutlets (I prefer flattened a bit like schnitzel) in salad dressing (either honey mustard or italian or thousand island) or BBQ sauce for about half an hour, then bake or broil the whole thing--dressing included in the oven. Dressing keeps it moist and flavourfull.

fiddle

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 8:33 am
http://fiddlinginthekitchen.bl......html

this is my version, you can enlarge the stickie with the ingredients, but the original is with chicken breast.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/C......aspx

it looks pretty and is delicious

shaini

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 6:48 pm
I posted a recipe a while ago for chicken cutlets with from memory spinach, pine nuts, bread crumbs, garlic inside and drizzled with a balsamic vinegar sauce that was really yummy. I can find the recipe if you want.

el2cg

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 7:39 pm
this is a simple recipe
(you'll have to multiply the recipe)
cutlets
3 tbsp mayonaise
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 sm can mushrooms

mix all ingredients together and bake uncovered 350 for 1/2 hour

6coop

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 9:36 pm
Thanks so much for the ideas.
We're going to experiment a little bit and hopefully find something that works.

c899

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 9:21 pm
el2cg - your recipe was delicious thanks!

life'sgreat

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 9:25 pm
Did not read the full thread, but am throwing it out there. Slice some onions and place in the bottom of the pan, put cutlets, then pour duck sauce over it. Cover and bake.

Delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey