Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Rehearsals for next Neshei play is underway!

Tweedledee

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 2:09 pm
Tonight we will have our first rehearsal for the next Neshei play which will be in late december and early january. its is a jewified adaptation fo the sound of music, with malky giniger as maria and leah forster as max, as well as codirecting. the money goes to rachels place which helps frum girls without a stable home to go back to learn life skills needed to take care fo themselves so they don't end up back on the street.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 2:20 pm
Sad

*sigh*

Were there auditions, or is this like the mafia, ya gotta know somebody? I live in Brooklyn and would love to have been involved, or even gotten the chance to try out.

Have fun, though Tweedledee! I utterly fargin you your chance to shine onstage! Very Happy

Tweedledee

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 2:51 pm
there were audition but they didn't publicize it as widely as the last one because last year there were open auditions and hundreds of women showed up, it got kind of out of hand. so it was kind of by word of mouth. Next year if you want IYH I can ask if they'll let me post here about the auditions.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 3:02 pm
Thanks!

I guess in a community as big as the greater Brooklyn area, it does get unwieldy having open auditions... I just hear about all these women's groups and wonder how an enthusiastic (and creative and talented) non-Brooklyn native (who doesn't know the established players in the biz) might get involved.

Tweedledee

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 3:10 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Thanks!

I guess in a community as big as the greater Brooklyn area, it does get unwieldy having open auditions... I just hear about all these women's groups and wonder how an enthusiastic (and creative and talented) non-Brooklyn native (who doesn't know the established players in the biz) might get involved.

go to artsandtorah.org. and sign up for the emails. its a network of frum performing arts all over the world and they will sometimes have audition listings. some of the stuff is hashkaficly questionable, but alot of it isnt. they just post the info and you can take it from there. I did get a couple of auditions from that, and its a good resource. my only issue is that lately all the action has been in EY or california, hnot alot going on here, but if/when there is, they'd probably know.

Tweedledee

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 3:11 pm
what do you do? sing? act? dance?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics