Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Looking to trade my Spice 'n Spirit Cookbook-in Yerushalayim
1  2  Next

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 12:27 pm
I have the Spice n' Spirit and loooooove the cookbook! It's in great condition and I want to trade it for any of the following cookbooks in good condition:
Kosher by Design (first edition)
Kosher by Design Entertains
Dining In/Again
Kosher Pallate I/II
Gatherings
What's Cooking
or whatever else you have to offer!

peppermint

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 12:29 pm
If you love the cookbook why would you want to trade it?

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:12 pm
I'm a cookbook addict! I love going through cookbooks. I can't get myself to spend the money on them though. After I use them for a while, I try to swap or sell them.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:19 pm
I may have something interesting for you but I can't check now.
Remind me tomorrow morning!
I have the old Spice and Spirit and would love the purple (?) one.

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:21 pm
That's the one I have, the purple one. I'd love something new in GREAT condition, let me know!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:36 pm
I just checked. I have brand new:
Kosher By Design Lightens Up
and
Enlitened Kosher Cooking.

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:49 pm
I don't do lo-fat recipes ( I do cook low calorie, but don't use recipes for that.) Oh well, wish that would've worked! I really want a new cookbook for the upcoming yomim tovim.

peppermint

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:53 pm
why dont you try getting cookbooks from the library?

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 8:18 pm
Here? Where?

dats me

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 2:11 am
Would Kosher Pallette II be of interest? I have that available in good condiition.

intrigued

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 2:26 am
Don't give up your spice and spirit too fast. They are out of print now and if you want it one day it will be extremely hard and expensive to get hold of.

Imama

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:32 am
Why is Spice n Spirit out of print? I saw it for $180 on one website! Insane! I would trade you for it...I have most of the Kosher By Design series -- KP, KP II, Entertains...

intrigued

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 4:19 am
Adira's Ima wrote:
Why is Spice n Spirit out of print? I saw it for $180 on one website! Insane! I would trade you for it...I have most of the Kosher By Design series -- KP, KP II, Entertains...

There was a thread about this recently and apparently they are not making anymore so that why the prices are really high now. I am so glad I already have one Very Happy Op for you sake don't give it up and if you do, sell it for the price it's going for now.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 5:03 am
I think they may be putting together a new version. Or at least that's what I've heard. I mean, I can't imagine they'd simply stop printing it... it's a great money-maker for them and many of us (myself included) consider S&S to be THE Kosher cook bible...

SleepingBeauty

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 5:12 am
Well, after reading this thread: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....31912 and seeing that it's selling used for up to $900!! on Amazon, I'm reconsidering since I do use it a lot.

Would anyone perhaps be willing to trade 2 or 3 cookbooks for it. That may be worth it for me. Let me know!

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 8:33 am
I wouldn't trade it either. they are talking about reprinting it but who knows. I find the spice and spirit much more invaluable then other recipes since it is so comprehensive.

SleepingBeauty

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 8:44 am
Raisin wrote:
I wouldn't trade it either. they are talking about reprinting it but who knows. I find the spice and spirit much more invaluable then other recipes since it is so comprehensive.

I really agree, I'm always using it. I know whatever recipe I need, I'll for sure find in there, I have never been disappointed. I have always liked whichever recipe I tried. But I have a weakness for cookbooks and really want some new ones for the upcoming chagim.

If someone is willing to trade 2 or 3 cookbooks for this spice n spirit, it would make it easier to part with it!

jenny

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 11:08 am
What a GREAT IDEA to swap cookbooks? I have an extra (brand new) copy of Kosher by Design and would love to switch it for the Kosher Pallette 2! Anyone want to trade?

intrigued

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 11:58 pm
Op if you like circling recipes. Why don't you do temporary exchanges? That way you will always get back your originals. I think people will be more willing to do it with you also as they will get theirs back.

StrongIma

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 12:15 am
intrigued wrote:
Op if you like circling recipes. Why don't you do temporary exchanges? That way you will always get back your originals. I think people will be more willing to do it with you also as they will get theirs back.
good idea - I'm in
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics