Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2 yr old ds says it hurts him
1  2  Next

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:10 pm
My 2 year old says it hurts him, he woke up crying a few minutes ago in pain...where? I asked him to show me and he puts his hand on his diaper, I asked him if it hurts him when he pees and he said yes. Then he flatulated a bit while crying so I asked him if his tummy hurts and he also said yes. He complained about his diaper area hurting him yesterday also but was quiet about it all day today. I guess we will be going to the pediatrician in the morning...

how do I get him through the night though?

StrongIma

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:25 pm
slather on desitin (or another good diaper cream) - even if you don't see a rash, the skin could be sensitive.

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:31 pm
I don't have any diaper cream Sad
I just changed his diaper (although it was not very wet and he was recently changed) and while changing it I wipe him down with a baby wipe followed by a wet washcloth...poor little guy!

My first thought was UTI but it doesn't make any sense. He is circumcised and I change his diapers quickly, he even spend a few hours a day the past few days without diapers since I am trying to toilet train him.

StrongIma

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:37 pm
ah Idea maybe he needs to go pee?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:38 pm
Maybe give him some children's neurofen or acamoli? Maybe the pain is internal pain and that may help??

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:39 pm
No he has gone pee...I was just trying to make it clear that he wasn't sitting in a soaked diaper...which could lead to infections. I am trying to push liquids though.

But why would it hurt him last night and tonight but not during the day I wonder?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:42 pm
In the kitchen wrote:
No he has gone pee...I was just trying to make it clear that he wasn't sitting in a soaked diaper...which could lead to infections. I am trying to push liquids though.

But why would it hurt him last night and tonight but not during the day I wonder?
that happens a lot when kids (and even adults) are sick. during the say you are occupied so you dont think about something that is hurting, but at night, there is nothing else to think about. is that possible?

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:43 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Maybe give him some children's neurofen or acamoli? Maybe the pain is internal pain and that may help??

I am trying to give him the acamoli and he doesn't want to drink it (from a syringe)
He only wants a bottle (half milk/half warm water) I gave him one already (4oz) and I suppose I will make him another one next time he asks for it. I am dreading the diaper tommorow though! Dairy and meat make his output really horrible if not accompanied by starch etc...and he didn't eat supper properly..he was only interested in the RH sugar cookies we just baked Sad Sigh.

I keep asking him if he wants to eat (it is food he likes- tuna sandwich and coleslaw) but he is so sleepy (he is in bed for a couple hours already) he only wants another bottle.

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:44 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
In the kitchen wrote:

that happens a lot when kids (and even adults) are sick. during the say you are occupied so you dont think about something that is hurting, but at night, there is nothing else to think about. is that possible?

Could be, we were more busy than usual today.

StrongIma

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:51 pm
In the kitchen wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I am trying to give him the acamoli and he doesn't want to drink it (from a syringe)
He only wants a bottle (half milk/half warm water) I gave him one already (4oz) and I suppose I will make him another one next time he asks for it. I am dreading the diaper tommorow though! Dairy and meat make his output really horrible if not accompanied by starch etc...and he didn't eat supper properly..he was only interested in the RH sugar cookies we just baked Sad Sigh.

I keep asking him if he wants to eat (it is food he likes- tuna sandwich and coleslaw) but he is so sleepy (he is in bed for a couple hours already) he only wants another bottle.
maybe it's a simple stomach ache from the cookies?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:51 pm
In the kitchen wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

When my daughter is sick and does not want to take medicine, I force it down. I know, that sounds terrible, but I know that the medicine will help her so I do that when she does not want to cooperate. Sometimes we have to be really strong and just give it to them anyway. I would do that. It may help. Best of luck and I hope your night is uneventful.

StrongIma

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:55 pm
personally, I don't medicate without fever or a dr's diagnosis.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:56 pm
StrongIma wrote:
personally, I don't medicate without fever or a dr's diagnosis.
OK, thats you. I was telling in the kitchen what I do, and I do medicate if I think there is something wrong and I know that something will help.
To each their own.

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 4:03 pm
StrongIma wrote:
In the kitchen wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I doubt it, he only ate two two inch diameter less than a quarter inch thick cookies...to get him to eat as a rule I have to chase him around feeding him bites or spoonfuls as he plays otherwise he will eats very little and be hungry again in a half an hour...I didn't chase him down this time and he helped himself to the cookies and ran off while I was putting them away.

StrongIma

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 4:05 pm
In the kitchen wrote:
StrongIma wrote:
In the kitchen wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I doubt it, he only ate two two inch diameter less than a quarter inch thick cookies...to get him to eat as a rule I have to chase him around feeding him bites or spoonfuls as he plays otherwise he will eats very little and be hungry again in a half an hour...I didn't chase him down this time and he helped himself to the cookies and ran off while I was putting them away.
it sounds like those two cookies could be more than his stomach is used to?
or alternatively he's hungry?

he doesn't sound sick to me.

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 4:10 pm
It could be more than his stomach is used to...

Yesterday there were no cookies and he had the same complaint (although tonight it has been worse).
There is no fever and he isn't screaming just kvetchy crying every few minutes...I certainly hope it isn't serious but I am an overly worried/protective parent.

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 4:15 pm
Thanks gals for keeping me company and brainstorming with me while I wait for him to fall into a deeper sleep. He just may be actually asleep now ptu ptu ptu...it has been quiet for a few minutes.

StrongIma

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 4:19 pm
In the kitchen wrote:
Thanks gals for keeping me company and brainstorming with me while I wait for him to fall into a deeper sleep. He just may be actually asleep now ptu ptu ptu...it has been quiet for a few minutes.
Hug Yawn Sleep

kitov

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 5:38 pm
It could still be a UTI. I would take a urine culture.

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 5:53 pm
kitov wrote:
It could still be a UTI. I would take a urine culture.

yup
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics