Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
The Weirdest Thing Just Happened...

amother

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:02 am
I was in the kitchen doing dishes, listening to something with headphones, when I heard some laughing/sobbing sounds coming from the living room. I took off the headphones and quickly walked into my living room. My six-year-old daughter was standing by the bookshelf, completely naked. She was making strange sounds and was trying desperately to open the cabinet on the bottom of the bookshelf. She had pulled the drawer above the cabinet doors out of the bookcase and tossed it onto the floor. As she was doing this, she was peeing all over the carpet. I asked her what she is doing and told her to go to the potty, and she just kept trying to get into the cabinet. She seemed really confused. She wouldn't/couldn't answer any of my questions about why she was naked, if anything was wrong, why she didn't go to the bathroom upstairs, etc., so I just cleaned her up a bit and put her back in bed.

This is a girl who has had maybe one accident since she was potty trained over four years ago, so I was shocked to see her pee all over like this without even trying to get to the bathroom. What do you think? Was she sleepwalking and somehow thought the cabinet was the bathroom door? Have you had any similar experiences with your kids?

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:07 am
Sounds like sleep walking/talking to me. When they don't respond and do really bizarre things out of the blue, that's the case usually.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:14 am
It sounds like sleepwalking. I've had boys of mine come to my bedroom, open the door, and pish on the floor. So did sons of friends. When I was little, I would have a dream that I had to go and would be in the bathroom but couldn't get the toilet seat up and then.... well, the bed would be wet embarrassed

JC

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:16 am
Yes absolutely normal, and happens- they grow out of it.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:30 am
OP here.

amother wrote:
It sounds like sleepwalking. I've had boys of mine come to my bedroom, open the door, and pish on the floor. So did sons of friends. When I was little, I would have a dream that I had to go and would be in the bathroom but couldn't get the toilet seat up and then.... well, the bed would be wet embarrassed

Interesting. That sounds just like what she was doing. None of my older kids have done this, so I was confused and a bit concerned. Come to think of it, I remember hearing about when my younger brother walked into my parents room in the middle of the night, hit my father, then walked right back out, and went back to bed. I wonder what kind of dream he was having!

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 12:48 am
Yep...I had a daughter who would do things like that. Sleep-walking.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 11:44 am
Sounds like she was sleepwalking...just be careful not to wake her up coz it can be dangerous if she wakes up in shock.
My brother used to do it wonder round the house looking for the bathroom and we'd just guide him in there. Another brother we found peeing into the bath toys container (atleast he was in the bathroom!!)
I have other funny stories of people sleepwalking/talking but too well known to write on here LOL

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 11:53 am
I had one kid who woke up one morning after having soiled his bed (and he was not prone to that at all) and told me he had a dream he was sitting on the toilet.

Motzaei Shabbos one of my kids came out and wandered the apartment till he found me and was crying "I wanted to go to shul with Abba on Shabbos" (mind you, my husband had offered to take him and he declined) and offering him Sunday was not good enough...I finally got him back to bed, and he had no recollection of this at all in the morning. Nor was he upset that he hadn't gone to shul! (And he declined going yesterday as well Smile)

I'm always curious to know what is going on in their dream worlds....

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 28 2011, 3:56 pm
Yep, sleepwalking.

My DD tends to talk in her sleep or occasionally sleep walk, especially when she's overtired.

I remember one night, she was calling "Mama, MAMA!" and I went into her room. She was sitting up, but not really looking at me, so I knew she was still asleep. She says "Where is it?" I said "What, honey?" and she said "That thing, and, stuff... where is it?" I told her "It's OK honey, I put it right back where it's supposed to go. You can find it in the morning. Everything is where it needs to be." and she sighed and laid back down.

So, if she's so worried, why can't she keep her room clean? Wink

Then there was the time she started yelling "Michael! Michael!" and tried to run out the front door. shock I caught her just in time and steered her back to bed. She didn't remember a thing in the morning, and has no idea who "Michael" is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics