Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Unbelievable French Roast - Questions

Isher

Post Wed, Sep 28 2011, 10:25 am
I was wondering whether anyone tried the "Unbelievable French Roast" from Binah magazine - the Shavuos issue.

Even if you didn't can anyone help me out with the following questions:

It says to place the roast in a deep baking dish, can I put it into a disposable tin foil (bekeleh) or must I use a real dish - if so, would a dutch oven work?

The recipe calls for baking on 325 for 2 hours, cool, refrigerate overight, slice and prior to serving bake 1 hour covered at 325. I'm planning on using this the second day and can't have my oven on, would this work if I reheat it for an hour or so in a tin foil on top of an upside down cookie sheet that is on a blech?

Last, the guy in the meat dept suggested I get a delmonico roast instead of the French roast, he said that it's the opposite side of the French roast - it's juicier.. did I do a stupid thing listening to him?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Sep 28 2011, 1:54 pm
Assuming the Delmonico roast is a rib-eye roast (which it usually is), I wouldn't cook it this way.

And for the french roast recipe, a disposable pan should be fine, but after slicing, cooking for another hour like in the recipe (in the liquids) -- just reheating won't be enough.

Dassie

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 1:16 am
Can you post the Unbelievable French Roast recipe ?

geshmak

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 8:32 am
Dassie wrote:
Can you post the Unbelievable French Roast recipe ?

can anyone post this recipe please?

Momrus

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 7:47 am
Yes I would also really appreciate the recipe too please
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics