Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Preschool Songs
  Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:19 pm
That's right. If you have access to youtube, try googling the song titles. There are a number of options to hear both.

miri36

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 3:40 pm
Paul Zim sings about pesach CD has these songs.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 4:09 am
What's on the menu for this week's parhsha, Teruma?? In all the past years I've started Purim at this point but now I have nothing prepared because we have an extra Adar...what are your ideas? 2 year olds...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 2:54 am
Bump...

Just had an idea, maybe we'll talk about our houses (main rooms: kitchen, bedroom, living room) and basic furniture (bed, chair, table, oven etc.) since Hashem built his house in this weeks parsha...

any further ideas??

miri36

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 7:48 am
Talk about different materials that were donated to the mishkan and the spices. Make a matching game with different spices. Put them in opaque cups with a cover on top except for holes that the kids can sniff and they have to find the match.

Give them pictures of the different keilim of the mishkan and have them form them from playdough.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 11:25 am
Hmm, that's a great idea but my kids are just a bit too young for that. We're still working on building our vocabulary. I feel like saying all the names of spices is just way over their heads. Any other ideas??

imasinger

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 1:19 pm
I am not teaching so much parsha this week; the concepts are not easy for the little ones to grasp. In the different schools I work at, there is focus on Shabbos, or on brachos, or on kashrus.

Chanala1

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 4:17 pm
What's on the menu for this week's parhsha, Teruma?? In all the past years I've started Purim at this point but now I have nothing prepared because we have an extra Adar...what are your ideas? 2 year olds...

im having the kids decorate a picture of a house and we discussed that Hashem asked us to build him a house but only to do mitzvos in, we went through different mitzvos, helping mommy, cleaning toys etc... and then asked each kid which mitzvah they do at home and wrote it down on their paper.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 5:28 pm
previous OP here. Last week I ended up doing a super cute project of a house with flaps and we worked on vocabulary of things found inside the house.

Now need a creative unit for 2 year olds on Tetzaveh. My projects are usually inspired by the parsha, ie they don't need to be directly about the parsha but I like to tie it in somewhat. Like beshalach we talked about fish (krias yam suf), truma we talked about houses (Hashems house - our house...)

I have a super cute project to make a simple choshen but I don't have anything else to teach/do/talk about around it...Any ideas?

Doesn't have to be a/t with kohein btw I just happen to have an idea for a project, thats all..

Chanala1

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 7:07 pm
im at a loss this week!!!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 3:14 am
Great, so that makes two of us! Any ba'alos chessed out there with an idea for us???

mo5

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 5:21 am
Uniforms? kohanim have special ones
fabrics
colors

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 6:10 am
I have no songs I teach (I am continuing music units on beat and rhythm, brachos and Shabbos), but would suggest dress up or paper dolls as related project ideas. You could do a paper doll dresssed as a kohein gadol as a class project, then give them other dolls and outfits for extended play, or do the same with a kohein gadol costume and other dressup.

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 21 2014, 12:00 pm
I just did a fun game today to help prepare for Pesach. I took a Shabbos song, changed the words slightly, and it was great. We discussed what things are chametz, then I asked each child to think of something chametzdik in their house that they like or that should be used up and eaten on Shabbos. After we brainstormed together, each took a turn in my lap, telling me what food they were, while I sang:

"Oh, (child's name), oh(child's name)
You are my own
I took you from the pantry inside my home
Shabbos is coming, we'll eat gefilte fish;
(Child's name), oh (child's name), you are my favorite dish!

To do on a different day, change last 2 lines to:
Pesach is coming, the chametz goes away;
(Name), oh (name), I'll eat you up today.

imasinger

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 7:35 am
Here is my latest, in response to a request for something about the 4 cups.

To the tune of" Sing a song of Sixpence"

Sing a song of Seder, 4 cups of wine we'll need;
ONE for Kiddush, TWO for the story (alternatively, Maggid) that we read;
THREE is for the bentching, and FOUR is for the end (alternatively, FOUR for Hallel near the end);
Each one is a sign of a promise from Hashem.

"I'll TAKE you from Mitzrayim,
REDEEM you, SET YOU FREE;
I'll TAKE you as a people special just for Me;
Then, I'll BRING you to the land that your father's knew so well;
The place I gave to Avraham; it's Eretz Yisrael."

It can be followed with the 4 promises in Hebrew tto Dayenu.

Enjoy!

And for the 2 year olds, to the tune of This Old Man, I set up 4 kids standing, and picked each one up in turn while singing:

Cup #1, kiddush is fun
Cup #2, for the story, we have you,
Cup #3 for the bentching will be
Cup #4, then we'll open the door.

abmom

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 10:52 pm
I was reading through this thread and didn't see any Rosh Hashana songs. Anyone? Anything? TIA!!!

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 11:20 pm
Apples and honey:
(Tto Clementine)
Dip the apple in the honey
Make a bracha loud and clear
L'shana tova umesuka
Have a happy, sweet new year

(Tto Dayenu - first verse, then chorus)
Dip the apple in the honey
Then we eat it, yummy, yummy
And we ask Hashem for a sweet new year.
Yehi ratzon milfanecha shet'chadesh aleinu shana tova umesuka.

I also have some poems about 5 little apples, and an original song about the things we can do with apples.

Shofar:
(Tto skip to my lou)
Where, oh where does a shofar come from? (3x)
It comes from the horn of an ayil.

When, oh when do we blow the shofar? (3x)
We blow it on Rosh Hashana.

Tekia, shevarim, teruah (3x)
That's how we blow the shofar.

Tekiah (tooot!)
Shevarim (toot, toot, toot)
Teruah (too too too too too too too too toot
These are the sounds of the shofar.

I made up this for 4's and 5's (tune similar to hineni muchan umzuman):
Tefilh, teshuva, tzedaka (3x)
Help give us a sweet new year

I also sometimes use the songs from Debbie Friedman's Shirim al Galgalim CD.

Don't forget, the way the holidays fall out, there is VERY little time to teach about YK or Sukkos, so plan time accordingly.

abmom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 1:27 am
imasinger wrote:

Don't forget, the way the holidays fall out, there is VERY little time to teach about YK or Sukkos, so plan time accordingly.

Thank you so so much!!! You start teaching sukkos before rosh hashana? How do you work out your schedule?

imasinger

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:49 am
Good question! No, I don't directly teach Sukkos before RH, but I will probably teach a few songs about teshuvah and friendship that will work for both RH and YK. And I also plan on introducing tunes without the words. I may take tunes from any of the Tishrei holidays to sing about cleaning up or lining up; then, when I introduce the song, it is easier to teach. Or I may reuse a tune.

I definitely factor in the lack of routine. Kids almost miss more school than they attend, and transitions are particularly challenging. I will take some time away from holidays to work on getting routines down, and figuring out which songs and games will draw in a child who is overwhelmed by it all.

Right now, there are 2 1/2 weeks till RH, then a week of school till YK, then a couple of days till Sukkos. I want to make sure I plan for them all.

imasinger

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:26 am
I just wrote a new song for Lech L'cha. If you want the tune, pm me to make arrangements.

Avram was a very special man;
He listened right away to Hashem's plan, he was a

CHORUS:
First time listener, first tme listener
First time listener; he listened right away.

When Hashem told him to leave Haran
He listened right away and went to Canaan, he was a...

CHORUS

We can be like Avram, the very first Jew
So quick to hear our parents, and our morahs too, we can be...

CHORUS
Page 13 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers