Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Yom Kippur on HCG

amother

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 1:51 pm
Hi All,

Has anyone been on the HCG diet over yom kippur? I'm a bad faster to begin with, before the fast I usually stuff my face to make sure I don't have a horrible fast.

I want to stick to protocol as much as possible on erev Yom Kippur, but I don't see how if I need to eat a ton to fast well? Do I really stick to 500 calories before a 25 hour fast?? Seriously??? Have people survived that?

I'm very good with break-fast. A cup of coffee and an apple is fine for me. But what about the HCG then? Do I take 3 doses after the fast?

Thank you all for your help.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 2:51 pm
I haven't done YK on P2, but I have done Tisha B'av (which I think is much harder). I did stay on protocol, but I am a very good faster.

Personally I really don't think the quantity of what you eat makes any difference as to how well you will fast -- just make sure it is good quality food.

If you're using Ketomist, check out their support site as they have some info on this.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:00 pm
I think youre endangering your body by eating 500 calories the day before a 25 hour fast. I think you need to stop the diet for a day. THIS IS DANGEROUS. The creators of the diet didnt call for a 25 hour fast when they made the diet. Also, it's an actual mitzvah to eat on erev yom kippur. it's not a mitzvah to kinda fast on erev yom kippur.

Just my 2 cents.

sarachana

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:01 pm
totally off topic, but if your only eating 500 calories a day, how do you know your not in ketosis?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:04 pm
sarachana wrote:
totally off topic, but if your only eating 500 calories a day, how do you know your not in ketosis?

If you want to make sure you can use Ketostrips to test your urine.

sarachana

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:10 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
sarachana wrote:

that should be mandatory, what an awful awful diet!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:20 pm
sarachana wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
sarachana wrote:

that should be mandatory, what an awful awful diet!

Please don't judge it unless you've spoken to all the people who have successfully lost weight on it that they couldn't lose otherwise. There are quite a few of us here.

And if you want to bash it, there is a thread doing so. Here OP asked a legitimate question and your bashing isn't helping her answer it.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:26 pm
OP here, I appreciate all your responses.

I'd rather not debate the pros and cons of this diet, obviously I'm already on it if I'm asking this question. For the record, I have never felt healthier. It's working wonderfully and I don't feel hungry.

OOTBubby, I agree that Tisha Baav is harder. You only had 500 calories before and you weren't hungry?

Mamabear, that was my thinking too. I thought maybe I'd have a double portion before the fast instead of regular.

Gosh I'm nervous!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:29 pm
amother wrote:
OP here, I appreciate all your responses.

I'd rather not debate the pros and cons of this diet, obviously I'm already on it if I'm asking this question. For the record, I have never felt healthier. It's working wonderfully and I don't feel hungry.

OOTBubby, I agree that Tisha Baav is harder. You only had 500 calories before and you weren't hungry?

Mamabear, that was my thinking too. I thought maybe I'd have a double portion before the fast instead of regular.

Gosh I'm nervous!

Yes, that is what I did. I have not been hungry at all on this diet (except the first day or 2) and only eat because I need to.

You should do what you think is best for you.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:59 am
For all those who want to discuss HHCG without dealing with posts bashing it, please see my post at:
Requesting Private HHCG Forum where I request a private forum for HHCG discussion to avoid the bashers.

Please post there indicating your interest in participating in such a forum if you use or are interested in using HHCG.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise