Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Peeling Hardboiled Eggs
Previous  1  2  3

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Nov 18 2005, 1:29 am
shanie, I've got a question for you ( or any other 'eggs'pert Very Happy ): how do you crack an egg open cleanly, without cutting into it with the shell and "plotzing" it? Any tips?

hisorerus

Post Fri, Nov 18 2005, 5:56 am
Knock it semi-gently on a sharpish surface (like the edge of a glass cup/bowl) several times, turning the egg each time. Shell should crack, but not split completely. You can do the last knock harder, so the shell does actually split. Then simply pull apart the sides. This is obviously a lot quicker and more intuitive than it sounds Smile.

I almost never have a problem when I dump it directly into a cup for checking, although I try to dump the yolk back and forth between the sides of the shell, and sometimes that "pops" it.

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Nov 18 2005, 10:00 am
Did you know: If you knock two eggs together only one egg will crack! Try it , it works.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen