Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do You Like "Hot Piggy"?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

mali

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:27 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
This thread was real Ganeivas HaDaas, specially when the OP said she cooked her bacon on the burner for the cat's foods.
Huh? Confused

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:28 pm
scroll up, mali.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:35 pm
Choco's right. Some of us may have guessed, but how are we supposed to recognize that this thread was just a provocative "story" that was invented to make a point (apart from the association through the title). What's the difference between this and the lady who was asking whether her relationship with her boss was considered cheating on her dh? If anything, it has more in common with that thread than with the Hot Chanie thread.

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
how are we supposed to recognize that this thread was just a provocative "story" that was invented to make a point (apart from the association through the title).

Nobody said you were "supposed" to recognize it. I didn't realize what the idea was straight from the start. So what? And the title did make a difference.

and this forum is for frum women and frum people don't eat pig.

mali

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:38 pm
What's Geneivas Da'as about that?

Maybe it's Geneivas Da'as to promise an answer and never bother answering? Tongue Out

I really don't get you people.

OP was making a point, and she did so in her original style. I don't see the problem at all. Did someone really think that a woman on this forum eats pork Question

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:44 pm
Quote:
OP, the comparison is ridiculous (as crayon likes to say),

Roza you have taken crayon on as your Rebbetzin and mashpia then I presume, since you felt the need to quote her Exclamation
Can we not try to look into the positive of what people are trying to say is it THAT hard Confused

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:46 pm
I think we knew, from the get go, but she went on about how she doesn't eat that much of it, that she keeps her dishes separate, etc.

I think THAT was wrong.

If she wants to make a joke to prove a point, why not. But to lie?

That's wrong.

And Mali I said very clearly, a number of times, that if my polls get unfriendly that I'm not sticking around to answer them. Are you the only one who missed that?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:46 pm
Quote:
this forum is for frum women and frum people don't eat pig.

Frum women also don't have affairs with their boss. Period.

As I said,

Quote:
What's the difference between this and the lady who was asking whether her relationship with her boss was considered cheating on her dh? If anything, it has more in common with that thread than with the Hot Chanie thread.

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:
Frum women also don't have affairs with their boss. Period.

Quite true.

The difference is that frum women who have affairs are truly enticed by their yetzer hara and are often seduced. Frum people (at least those who have grown up frum) have next to no yetzer hara for pork products which was a clue from the very start that this thread was facetious (with a point).

An even more pertinent difference is that the other thread seemed to be actually true, while this thread is a parable.

roza

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:52 pm
Motek wrote:
roza wrote:
if, amother, who will dress nice, in style and tznius and pass through meah shearim you will be framed a 'hot piggy'. get it?

Not true in my experience. I've walked in Meah Shearim and don't look like the natives and nothing happened. They are quite accustomed to the Bais Yaakov look and don't expect every girl to have two long braids and tights and every woman to wear a black kerchief on her shaven head.

how do you know what the men and some women in meah shearim think about you?

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:54 pm
And how do YOU know what the men and women in Meah Shearim think about Motek?

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:57 pm
I think if they don't throw rocks at you, you don't jeapordize their standards. LOL

shalhevet

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 4:07 pm
Ribbie Danzinger wrote:
I think if they don't throw rocks at you, you don't jeapordize their standards. LOL

I think that was uncalled for, even as a joke. I'm sure, if you live in EY you must have spent some time in Meah Shearim. Did anyone there ever throw rocks even on anyone who jeapordized their standards?

The people I have met from Meah Shearim are perfectly normal and nice and just as entitled to your Ahavas Yisroel as one-earring-wearing-ponytail-bearing-Jews.

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 4:13 pm
Quote:
The people I have met from Meah Shearim are perfectly normal and nice and just as entitled to your Ahavas Yisroel as one-earring-wearing-ponytail-bearing-Jews.

Good point Exclamation

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 4:14 pm
Maybe if people threw rocks at people who eat bacon, there would be less bacon eaters on the street.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 4:16 pm
I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that I have anything against the wonderful Jews who live in Meah Shearim. I think we have a lot to learn from them.

non-conformist

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 5:23 pm
Excuse me all, but I know some not nice stories about perfectly respectful people in dress and behavior who were NOT treated respectfully at all in mea shearim.... and I'm won't go into details on this board.
amnyhow, I'm not going to generalize and I'm sure there are wonderful people there too, but....

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 5:28 pm
I always wonder about that. I've gone numerous times, I do NOT conform to their style of dress, and have never had a problem buying gemaras, eating in falafel places, walking down the street...

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 5:31 pm
I know t's my fault for mentioning the rocks Crying but please don't turn this thread into an issur of lashon hara about a particular group of people. I think motek may have been trying to make that point by posting now on the lashon hara alert thread.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:17 am
chocolate moose wrote:
This thread was real Ganeivas HaDaas, specially when the OP said she cooked her bacon on the burner for the cat's foods.

I would have thought that once I made the comment about bishul akum it would have been obvious even to those who didn't "chap" it the first time that I was being faceatious.

I added the details about how I cooked etc, just like on the HC thread posters were "explaining" how dressing "to kill" was really OK. - Their husbands wanted them to, other women did the same, the non-Jewish women didn't attract any less attention than they did, they were covering their hair etc etc. So the bacon eater could also justify herself by saying she was really alright. And I still stand by my point that she is not macshil anyone else, unlike the HCs.

About gneivas hada'as - there is such a thing as a joke, which no one expects to be taken seriously. Anyway, unfortunaltely, there are lots of "amothers" out there, even if not on this site, who could write that. Crying
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics