Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do You Like "Hot Piggy"?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
About gneivas hada'as - there is such a thing as a joke, which no one expects to be taken seriously. Anyway, unfortunaltely, there are lots of "amothers" out there, even if not on this site, who could write that. Crying

I have a non jewish friend that eats in McDonald's and all that places. She told me how she saw a frum guy ordering food by the drive thru.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 2:50 pm
Couldn’t he have bought it for a cleaning lady, office meeting, or animal in his employ? Or for a trap for a mouse?

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 2:52 pm
Or a trap for a MOOSE (not a chocolate one, of course, they only eat kosher) LOL

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 2:56 pm
lol

Piper

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:03 pm
I wouldn't consider the stuff they serve at McDonalds food.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 3:32 pm
Maybe it wasn't his decision. I've had to buy stuff I wouldn't consider food either on the job.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 7:07 am
Motek wrote:
roza wrote:
if, amother, who will dress nice, in style and tznius and pass through meah shearim you will be framed a 'hot piggy'. get it?

Not true in my experience. I've walked in Meah Shearim and don't look like the natives and nothing happened.

Same for me. But not everyone is as lucky (I know two old ladies who have been called "pr*tza").

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 7:09 am
Crayon210 wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:
Why do you think it's ridiculous?

Because eating bacon is only one lav (negative prohibition), and dressing in a way to get men to look at someone can cause tens of lavim every day? And because gilui arayos is much worse than eating bacon? I still think eating bacon is a terrible aveira, but yes, you're right, that maybe there's no comparison with a woman who is causing tens of men to sin every day.

Although I agree that making people sin would be worse than sinning all alone, I still find it easy to consider men like poor people who are innocent but corrupted by mean untznius women... no one forces them to look, they can (and should) turn their head...

Men have a different makeup than women do, so this is difficult to relate to. We MUST have rachmonus on them and not set them up to have to look away or turn their heads.

I happen to dress tzanua, but believe me, I am not doing it for the poor guy who can't behave like a ben adam, but for myself.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 7:15 am
mummyof6 wrote:
Ribbie Danzinger wrote:
I think if they don't throw rocks at you, you don't jeapordize their standards. LOL

Did anyone there ever throw rocks even on anyone who jeapordized their standards?

I have definitely seen yelling and heard of name calling (but not only in Mea shearim, also Bnei brak, the kotel...). I have heard of people having stones thrown on their car because they were driving during shabbes- my own cousin was expulsed of Israel because he put iron cables across the street during shabbes (a driver almost killed himself on that).

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 7:18 am
non-conformist wrote:
Excuse me all, but I know some not nice stories about perfectly respectful people in dress and behavior who were NOT treated respectfully at all in mea shearim.... and I'm won't go into details on this board.
amnyhow, I'm not going to generalize and I'm sure there are wonderful people there too, but....

I see I'm not the only one. I don't think these stories should be hidden, especially on a Jewish-only board.

Anyway, yes, I know some wonderful people from there.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 9:52 am
No community is perfect!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics