Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Move or Stay? Need some input, opinions, tips & advice!

MrsDash

Post Fri, Nov 11 2011, 2:47 am
We are hoping to move some time this coming spring. I'm just a bit concerned about a few things. What should be our priority? Are we making the most sensible choice?

Our current situation.
Pros: We have a lot of family here. Most of our friends live in surrounding areas. We have the most amazing doctor, who is also the top oncologist in the entire state. We have finally found the best dentists.
Cons: There are no schools for our daughter. The schools that would accept us are far, and expensive. The cost of living is very high. The driving conditions are absolutely horrendous. Housing market is expensive. It's a stressful state to live in (I grew up OOT)

If we move.
Pros: Much lower cost of living. More school options for our daughter. The schools are significantly cheaper. Housing is very cheap. Less congested city. Low key. A more diverse, open community.
Cons: No family or friends nearby. Will need to look for a new doctor, who excels in his field.

The job situation is secured. My husband works from home for a major company. We can technically live anywhere.

What are your opinions on the matter?

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 11 2011, 2:54 am
Well, what is of utmost importance to you? That you are nearby family and friends? Or that your daughter have a good school and cost of living be lower.
That is what you have to ask yourself.

momaleh

Post Fri, Nov 11 2011, 2:57 am
Of course only you know the answer, but moving sounds better to me. You'd have to make new friends, which is hard, but you eventually will. You will likely be able to find good doctors. But you can't the current city cheaper or have schools move closer to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating