Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
ISO parsha desserts/foods to make with kids
Previous  1  2  3

exhausted

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 8:23 am
Thank you! I'm now homeschooling my children and we would love to do something food related for each week. Last week we made rainbow bread, rainbow cake and rainbow cookies!! Yes, we definitely overdid it on the food coloring but we couldn't decide which one to do after googling and finding so many recipes, so we just did all 3!!

Achdus

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 1:01 pm
Check out handsontheparsha.blogspot.co.il. It has parsha cakes and activities to do around the Shabbat table. Enjoy!

Achdus

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 1:03 pm
http://handsontheparsha.blogspot.co.il/

Tiale

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 1:40 pm
I love this! If I think of something I'll post it Smile

Achdus

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 1:46 am
Parshat Vayera is a fun and easy parsha cake dessert.

http://handsontheparsha.blogspot.co.il/

imasinger

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 8:26 am
This sounds like a great project to keep the kids entertained while we are home from school because of the storm. Thanks for bumping it!

Achdus

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 9:48 am
Here is a fun activity to do for Parshat lech laecha...

Take a piece of colored paper and fold it in half. Cut a rectangular shape on the top middle part. Staple both sides of the paper and you now have a suitcase.

Ask the kids what a suitcase has to do with Avraham Avinu in Parshat lech lecha.

You can play the game: I went on a trip and brought apples, bannanas... (in alphabetical order) and each one takes a turn and sees if they could remember all of them. You can start with food items, then clothing, then games etc...

You can have the kids look through magazines and cut out things they might want to pack and place it in the suitcase they made.

You can have a guessing game where you put pictures in the suitcase and one picks out a picture and gives clues to the other person and they have to guess who it is.

You can decorate the suitcase with stickers, markers, glitter etc...

For Vayera, if you are stuck at home, have the kids be creative and build a tent. It could be out of chairs, their beds, a table. Put sleeping bags inside and make it a fun rainy activity...

Great language game!

gamekeeper

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 10:02 am
I have a blog called parshadessert.blogspot.com you can also follow me on facebook on http://www.facebook.com/ParshaDessert?ref=hl

Amital

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 6:32 am
Gamekeeper, I just linked to your Lech Lecha stars. Yummy!

gamekeeper

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 11:55 am
thanks Amital Smile

exhausted

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 7:56 am
I made both desserts for Parshas Vayeitzei, they were such a hit!! What are you doing for Vayishlach?

gamekeeper

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:08 am
exhausted wrote:
I made both desserts for Parshas Vayeitzei, they were such a hit!! What are you doing for Vayishlach?

yay! I will be posting by tomorrow PG this weeks Parsha Dessert. Be'H from next week I'll be able to post as early as Tuesday/Wednesday.

exhausted

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 8:39 am
That'll be great because I like to do things early if I can.

tamster16

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 10:06 am
More desserts related to the parsha are at:
http://desserts-with-torah-spr......com/

Mal 1

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 4:00 pm
I am always looking for something fun to do with my kids at the shabbos seuda, since I work and don't always have time during the week. I found adorable parsha candy packs at oh! nuts and my kids loved it! every week they put in different candy and they write a description of how it connects to the parsha. its worth checking out!
I was just checking out their website and I'm thinking of ordering the subscription so I don't have to run in to the store every week... anybody else seen these?

NTR150153

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 12:16 pm
bump
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics