Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What STORE would you like to see open up in BP ?
1  2  3  Next

leahb

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 1:07 pm
What store would you like to see open in Boro Park on 13th Ave or 16th Ave ?

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 1:31 pm
a mommy-friendly store, with a toy room for kids while moms shop for kids clothes!

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 10:11 pm
A good quality but CHEAP clothing store for children and adults....
oh and with lots of space for strollers so you can have more than 3 ladies in the store at one time.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 10:50 pm
Any one of my favorites would be great

Target
Marshall's
TJ MAXX
Tuesday Morning
Chuck E Cheese? With kosher pizza?

Walmart would be wonderful! But would never happen, sadly.

With online access to most other items and stores, most retail stores are crying today.
The economic climate is not a help either right now.
A nice clean unique restaurant would also still make money. Food businesses are always good, if the food is fresh and delicious. Maybe a place featuring lots of low carb selections, and serving breakfast all day at a low price would be wonderful too.

tryingmybest

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 10:59 pm
Grandmama wrote:

Target
Marshall's
TJ MAXX
Tuesday Morning

With online access to most other items and stores, most retail stores are crying today.
A nice clean unique restaurant would also still make money. Food businesses are always good, if the food is fresh and delicious. Maybe a place featuring lots of low carb selections, and serving breakfast all day at a low price would be wonderful too.

There's a tj maxx in bp but not central. Its by century21

Grandmama

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 11:01 pm
tryingmybest wrote:
Grandmama wrote:

Target
Marshall's
TJ MAXX
Tuesday Morning

There's a tj maxx in bp but not central. Its by century21

There is also a Marshalls, on 86th and 18th Avenue. Still a short car or bus ride away for both.
But a nice target or walmart would be wonderful!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 11:03 pm
A childrens clothing store with trendy yet cheap clothes, possible?

Grandmama

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 11:07 pm
flowerpower wrote:
A childrens clothing store with trendy yet cheap clothes, possible?

Well there is Children's Place, although I much prefer to shop online instead of waiting on one of the longest lines in BP. I do go in occasionally if I want to see the stuff up close, or if I need to return something.

kitov

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 11:34 pm
H&M.

You absolutely do NOT want a Walmart in a heimishe area driving all the heimishe local merchants out of business.

V'chay Achicha Emcha.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 11:39 pm
A specialty bakery/cafe. Serving baked goods beyond sprinkle cookies and cinnamon cookies and black and whites and kokosh cake.

Something like a cholov yisroel crumbs. http://www.crumbs.com/cupcakes
Or an American Roladin: http://www.roladin.co.il/

There are so many FLAVORS lacking in our current baked goods. Pistachio, hazelnut, coconut, brandy, peanut butter, banana and so many more.

Specialty cupcakes.

Specialty donuts chanuka time.

Specialty hamentashen purim time.

Specialty cheesecakes Shevuos time.

An entire specialty dietetic line using almond flour (as opposed to whole wheat flour) and other substitutions to create goodies without the guilt.

Etc.

My daydreams aside *sigh* there IS a store missing from 16 ave. I can't recall what type of store offhand, but I remember thinking that there wasn't one on 16. Anyone recall what kind of store that might be? LOL

I'll try to remember. Meanwhile, I leave you with:

lovemywig

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 12:55 am
A RagShop oy I miss them. A cheap arts n crafts shop. With cheap fabrics n all. It would be Sooooo good after a full day of work to unwind n relax n do a fun project. Shall it be a succos project fun throw pillows a painting or wood carving. I'm gonna be your best customer. Pleases please someone open such a store.

bnm

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 1:32 am
lovemywig wrote:
A RagShop oy I miss them. A cheap arts n crafts shop. With cheap fabrics n all. It would be Sooooo good after a full day of work to unwind n relax n do a fun project. Shall it be a succos project fun throw pillows a painting or wood carving. I'm gonna be your best customer. Pleases please someone open such a store.

yes!

Depressed

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 1:43 am
maybe a finishing school, that teaches polish, refinement and breeding, everyone is desperately in need of that...

Grandmama

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 9:56 am
kitov wrote:
H&M.

You absolutely do NOT want a Walmart in a heimishe area driving all the heimishe local merchants out of business.

V'chay Achicha Emcha.

There is no walmart yet and never will be in the vicinity because of this reason. But I can dream.....

Grandmama

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 9:59 am
gp2.0 wrote:
A specialty bakery/cafe. Serving baked goods beyond sprinkle cookies and cinnamon cookies and black and whites and kokosh cake.

Something like a cholov yisroel crumbs. http://www.crumbs.com/cupcakes
Or an American Roladin: http://www.roladin.co.il/

There are so many FLAVORS lacking in our current baked goods. Pistachio, hazelnut, coconut, brandy, peanut butter, banana and so many more.

Specialty cupcakes.

Specialty donuts chanuka time.

Specialty hamentashen purim time.

Specialty cheesecakes Shevuos time.

An entire specialty dietetic line using almond flour (as opposed to whole wheat flour) and other substitutions to create goodies without the guilt.

Etc.

My daydreams aside *sigh* there IS a store missing from 16 ave. I can't recall what type of store offhand, but I remember thinking that there wasn't one on 16. Anyone recall what kind of store that might be? LOL

I'll try to remember. Meanwhile, I leave you with:

YUMMY! In EY you can find them at the Mamilla Mall in Jerusalem, and many other places as well.

How about cakes for Shavuos or all year round made with real dairy whipped cream?
They have them in London, why not here?
How about a dessert shop serving only coffee and desserts, sugar free or high calorie, with no need to eat a full lunch when taking out a friend?

gp2.0

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 10:00 am
Forget about 16 ave, there isn't even a Walmart in manhattan, for precisely that reason.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 10:01 am
How about a bank. There are no banks to be found in bp at all, specially 13th ave.

bnm

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 10:03 am
flowerpower wrote:
How about a bank. There are no banks to be found in bp at all, specially 13th ave.

Flushing bank is opening in between Investor and Capitol One, you can flush all your savings down the drain.

yummy2

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 10:08 am
A place to get scd food. Open for breakfast lunch & dinner. There are places to buy food designated for other diets, like gluten free etc. Wouldnt it be amazing to be able to get legal food based on the scd diet??

Last edited by yummy2 on Thu, Nov 03 2011, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Grandmama

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 10:09 am
How about a shiduch store? Cheaper than mail order brides. Put them on sale for half price.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries