Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Can I peel potatoes for kugel tonight and make kugel tom?

cutegal

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 8:08 pm
Can I peel potatoes for potato kugel tonight and keep in bowl with water overnight in fridge and then grate and bake potato kugel tomorrow?? anyone ever did this with good results??

Thanks

gr8cook

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 8:14 pm
Yes, you could peel the potatoes and put them into a bowl of water and into the refrigerator. If the potatoes are covered with water, they won't turn brown.

DovDov

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 8:18 pm
If it's a matter of saving time tomorrow, you could also just scrub the potatoes really well and grate with the peels. No one's ever noticed the difference and the peels have more vitamins anyway.

obagys

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 9:12 pm
I do this all the time. In fact, during succos while we had 2 sets of 3 day yom tov, I peeled potatoes on Wednesday and kept them in a bowl with water (in the fridge) until Friday afternoon for when I put up a cholent.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 9:15 pm
DovDov wrote:
If it's a matter of saving time tomorrow, you could also just scrub the potatoes really well and grate with the peels. No one's ever noticed the difference and the peels have more vitamins anyway.

They notice in my house. Maybe I don't scrub well enough, but I may as well peel them then.
The way it works in my house is, one day I announce that if people want kugel, everyone had better peel x amount of potatoes, and I make the kugels the next day, no problem at all.

Levtov

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 11:42 pm
DovDov wrote:
Does kugel stay white, or is it brown from peels?

kitov

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 11:55 pm
Yes we can.

Oops, I meant yes you can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes