Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO chicken and rice in one pan recipe

LibaB

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 6:30 am
Anyone have a recipe for chicken and rice cooked together in one pan.

TIA

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 7:11 am
we have many such one pot recipes here. do a seach.

cityofgold

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 8:00 am
You can use pretty much any chicken recipe, though I find that very liquidy sauces slide off the chicken and gets absorbed by the rice instead, so I usually do dry spice recipes (our favorite is lots of paprika and onion soup mix, and a little brown sugar) all over the chicken and the rice. Or I baste it with reserved sauce at the end. The trick is to cover the pan veeeeerrrry tightly!

Koshermomma

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 8:49 am
Family favorite!! When I have a really hectic day, we call it "Chicken with rice night!" Put one cup of raw rice on the bottom of roasting pan (preferably one with cover). Add chicken pieces on top to equal one chicken's worth. Add drained can of mushrooms, 1 envelope onion soup mix (or 1/4 cup of osem onion soup mix), and pour 1 1/2 cups of water on top. Sprinkle with paprika, cover and bake for an hour. Delicious! Even my mil who doesn't like rice loves this kind!

elmos

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:01 am
I take one part rice 2 part water usually 2c white or brown rice and 4c water for certain brown rices I add an extra half cup water a packet onion soup mix(goodmans) my dh won't eat any other veg other than maybe cauliflower in it so I sometimes add my mom uses any bag of frzn veg either classic or any of the newer more interesting blends than chicken legs with skin on add garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and paprika I sometimes drizzle honey only on the chicken to help the skin crisp nicely

LibaB

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:29 am
Thank you all they sound delicious. I will try one this week!

baba

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 3:48 pm
In the purple spice and spirit there's a really yummy one. Dont remember what it's called, but it's the first of all the chicken recipes.

IloveHashem613

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 4:55 pm
Here's one that's really good, we always gobble it up

1 cup brown rice
3 cups water
a bit of oil
2 TBSP onion soup mix
1-2 TBSP soy sauce
sliced mushrooms (canned or fresh)
sliced onion
slices of zuchini
4 pices of chicken
spices (paprika, garlic powder, onion powder etc...)
cooking spray

Mix the rice, water, oil, onion soup mix, soy sauce, mushrooms, onion and zuchini in a 9x13 pan. Put chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and sprinkle spices on top of chicken. Spray the chicken/spices with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 for 1.5-2 hours.

mannrosie

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 10:11 pm
Hi. Just tried the chicken and rice in one pan by IloveHashem613 and I gotta say wow. DH and baby in love with it. Thank you so much. And thank you imamother for this wonderful website in making these recipes and plenty more available to the public in a truly wonderous and helpful way. Been wanting to say thanks for a while hence this long-winded entry. Todah.
Very Happy

mirah2

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 7:37 am
IloveHashem613 wrote:
Here's one that's really good, we always gobble it up

1 cup brown rice
3 cups water
a bit of oil
2 TBSP onion soup mix
1-2 TBSP soy sauce
sliced mushrooms (canned or fresh)
sliced onion
slices of zuchini
4 pices of chicken
spices (paprika, garlic powder, onion powder etc...)
cooking spray

Mix the rice, water, oil, onion soup mix, soy sauce, mushrooms, onion and zuchini in a 9x13 pan. Put chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and sprinkle spices on top of chicken. Spray the chicken/spices with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 for 1.5-2 hours.

Bit late to this - would this work for Shabbat lunch? As in, if I make Thurs night, keep in fridge then reheat on hot plate on Shabbat?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey