Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Glee is a Bummer!!!!

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:06 am
The gay lover story line is a real turn-off. Exploding anger This show is headed downhill. Anyone feel the same way?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 04 2016, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

eatingbagels

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:19 am
Maybe this is how gay people feel when they watch every other TV show.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:25 am
I have to laugh because your title is an unfortunate play on words!!!

Now let me chime in. I loved Glee in the first season. The whole show was about the songs and the relationships. This season, it's become icky to the nth degree. Ryan Murphy will do anything to push the gay agenda down the world's throats; he is vicariously re-living his life through Kurt. Now, I understand that the world has changed and being gay is the most "normal thing" in the secular world, and that's not even the only thing bothering me about the show - they actually handled the actual 'first time' very tastefully and I would not have dreamed it was the 'first time' if I wouldnt have known from the title. but the whole show STINKS!!! there is no continuity, they are promoting such stupid messages which have no taam. The song performances arent even good. They are messing with the characters and making them unlikeable. I really dont like the show anymore - I feel a little gross every time I watch an episode. I think I'm going to cross it off my list.

There are a lot of other new comedies that are clean, funny, and dont leave you feeling gross when you're done watching. My favorite new one this year is Last Man Standing. Clean, funny, family comedy with mamish no off-color jokes. Up All Night is also pretty funny and sorta clean, and Raising Hope is hilarious (although not as squeaky clean as the other 2, but theyre not pushing teen sx down anyone's - nevermind).

Glee was icky since the Rocky Horror episode (which I didnt even watch). It started out as a high school dramedy, with beautiful song performances.... but has turned into a train wreck. I don't understand how this is on in prime time. Seriously - people's [not frum I hope] 7 and 9 yr olds watch this?

thankyou

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:40 am
It is a bummer but happens to be- the gay thing doesn't really bother me, but the whole show became, well just....boring?!
I, too, loved the first season- mostly for the music and the charachters but by now the music is not as good (or suprising) and the charachters are really a bore.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:42 am
I don't have a TV but did hear the buzz. Yes, I can see how it's a bummer. I wouldn't be too, er, gleeful about a straight story line along those lines either.

BTW, anyone remember Fame? Tongue Out

thankyou

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:49 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I don't have a TV but did hear the buzz. Yes, I can see how it's a bummer. I wouldn't be too, er, gleeful about a straight story line along those lines either.

BTW, anyone remember Fame? Tongue Out

How could anyone forget Fame?
Fame was very big, when I was very small.....
"I want to live forever!"

BTW you don't exactly need a TV to watch Glee (or anything for that matter), you obviosuly have internet access ...Smile

bigsis144

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:52 am
From what I've read online, critics and the public are starting to agree that Glee is a trainwreck, with no regard for continuity of plot OR character. It's like each episode happens in its own little alternate universe.

And it makes me uncomfortable to see the Glee school supplies and t-shirts and jewelry (Yes! You can wear Finn's face on a locket! Rolling Eyes ) in kiddie sizes at Walmart and Claire's. Are kids wearing these 'cuz they just like the music (which, half the time is "clean" versions of adult stuff - as in, no bad words, but still making references to threesomes, s-x acts and messed up relationships) but don't watch the show, or do parents actually let their kids watch this candy-colored hot mess?

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:57 am
I love kurt, but blaine bothers me. he was fine in the warblers, but as part of new directions, he kinda sucks. the gay stroyline doesnt bother me so much thpough. its not the first show with a gay storyline, think brothers and sisters. even wisteria lane has a gay couple. but the show itself… quinns attitude is annoying, I liked puck better as a bad boy, I miss lauren zisces, finn is weird, and santana as a lesbian is unconvincing.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 1:29 pm
I was very into it the furst season, they sang nice, it was good, but now its reaaally boring and I always skip to the songs which are not tht gr8 nemore.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 6:53 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
From what I've read online, critics and the public are starting to agree that Glee is a trainwreck, with no regard for continuity of plot OR character. It's like each episode happens in its own little alternate universe.

And it makes me uncomfortable to see the Glee school supplies and t-shirts and jewelry (Yes! You can wear Finn's face on a locket! Rolling Eyes ) in kiddie sizes at Walmart and Claire's. Are kids wearing these 'cuz they just like the music (which, half the time is "clean" versions of adult stuff - as in, no bad words, but still making references to threesomes, s-x acts and messed up relationships) but don't watch the show, or do parents actually let their kids watch this candy-colored hot mess?

Read Cinderella Ate My Daughter.
And thankyou, I don't know if my filters (k-9 for starters) would let me get it. I'm not about to try.

CatLady

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 7:03 pm
If I never have to see the Warblers again, my life will be enhanced. They just grate on me.

I like the young love stories (even Kurt & Blaine, despite the fact that it's now All! Kurt! All! The! Time!!) I wish there was more actual singing, more Puck/Rachel Jewish-related interaction, and wouldn't it be nice if Mercedes got an actual plot that wasn't some form of stereotyping of Sassy Fat Black Chick. And when, oh, when are we going to see Rachel's dads? If she's treated like such a princess by them (glittery microphone, etc.), it'd be appropriate to have seen them in the audience for West Side Story.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 7:03 pm
I can't stand this season, stopped watching after the first episode! Confused

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 8:00 pm
I saw only a few ads of Glee. It looks boring to me.

slushiemom

Post Fri, Nov 11 2011, 6:43 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I have to laugh because your title is an unfortunate play on words!!!

Now let me chime in. I loved Glee in the first season. The whole show was about the songs and the relationships. This season, it's become icky to the nth degree. Ryan Murphy will do anything to push the gay agenda down the world's throats; he is vicariously re-living his life through Kurt. Now, I understand that the world has changed and being gay is the most "normal thing" in the secular world, and that's not even the only thing bothering me about the show - they actually handled the actual 'first time' very tastefully and I would not have dreamed it was the 'first time' if I wouldnt have known from the title. but the whole show STINKS!!! there is no continuity, they are promoting such stupid messages which have no taam. The song performances arent even good. They are messing with the characters and making them unlikeable. I really dont like the show anymore - I feel a little gross every time I watch an episode. I think I'm going to cross it off my list.

There are a lot of other new comedies that are clean, funny, and dont leave you feeling gross when you're done watching. My favorite new one this year is Last Man Standing. Clean, funny, family comedy with mamish no off-color jokes. Up All Night is also pretty funny and sorta clean, and Raising Hope is hilarious (although not as squeaky clean as the other 2, but theyre not pushing teen sx down anyone's - nevermind).

Glee was icky since the Rocky Horror episode (which I didnt even watch). It started out as a high school dramedy, with beautiful song performances.... but has turned into a train wreck. I don't understand how this is on in prime time. Seriously - people's [not frum I hope] 7 and 9 yr olds watch this?

Thanks for the recommendation, mama bear! watched the few episodes that are out so far and loved it! I enjoy up all night also, whitney is very funny but not so appropriate, but my favorite new show by far is New Girl- absolutely hysterical, it's a weird humor, which I love, I literally giggle my way through every episode.

rb

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 11:52 am
Anybody else feel like Glee got back on track last night? I especially loved the last song!

crush

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 6:25 pm
Yesss I loved the last song! You're talking about this one, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-pLYo5MJ8 I listened to it so many times already Smile

rb

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 12:31 pm
crush wrote:
Yesss I loved the last song! You're talking about this one, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-pLYo5MJ8 I listened to it so many times already Smile

Yup!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics