Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Anyone have an easy dessert with no baking needed?
1  2  Next

Nomad

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:07 pm
Hi!

Does anyone have a nice, easy dessert that requires no baking?

Thanks!

Frumom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:19 pm
Pudding pie:

Get one of those boxed instant puddings. Use non dairy creamer or soy milk instead of regular milk. Pour into a graham cracker pie crust. Freeze.

Whip cream for topping.

In middle of the meal I take it out to defrost just a bit.

glad2Bme

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:26 pm
Pina Colada Drink:
Blend together one bottle pina colada mix, one topping, half of (big) can pineapple juice, and one can crushed pineapple. I serve it in tall glasses with pieces of pineapple or something on top.....

or ambrosia:
Blend together two containers frozen strawberries, two cans of mandrines, two cans of pineapple tidbits, can of peaches and a topping.

or if you eat plain OU, you can get in shopright sugar cones that are shaped like little bowls, just scoop in two or three diff types of ice cream with some chocolate syrup on top and strawberries on the side.....looks really impressive.....

ChavieK

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:27 pm
Let sorbet & ice cream soften. Put into cupcake holders in 2 or 3 layers. refreeze.To serve drizzle some raspberry or choc on the plate & remove from the paper. My friend served this & it looked so pretty.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:27 pm
No bake cheesecake:

Whip up a container of Rich's whip, add half a pack of vanilla pudding powder, and then add a pack of tofutti cream cheese (or real cream cheese). Mix together and add a capful of lemon juice. Pour into a pie shell and refrigerate.

Quick and easy!

Ambrosia:

Pour several different types of canned and/or frozen fruit into a large tupperware container without the juice (peaches, mandarin oranges, strawberries, etc.) Add a container of Rich's whip UNWHIPPED and a few spoonfulls of vanilla sugar.

Last edited by DefyGravity on Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nomad

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:29 pm
wow - such fast replies...!

thanks so much! I definitely will try these! Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:33 pm
I have posted two choc mousse recipes.....

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:17 pm
if you want REALLY easy, there's jello and fruit salad. you can top the fruit salad with defrosted whip (unwhipped).

Mommish

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 1:20 am
This may not be what you're looking for, but my answer is fruit! Everyone loves plain cut-up fruit (melon, berries, pineapple...)

melalyse

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 1:39 pm
Lemon Freeze

One small container of whipped topping whipped, a can of lemon pie filling and a small jar of marshmallow fluff in a graham cracker crust. It makes two.

Bell

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 2:21 pm
momish-- I make that every shabbos 4 dessert why the xtra calories! & its healthy!

Basya

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 2:31 pm
Go buy! LOL

ceo

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 2:37 pm
I have something similar to frumom:

1 graham cracker or chocolate covered pie crust
1 package of choc. pudding (powder form)
1 small container Richs Whip

First, whip the whip. Set aside about 1/4 of whippped whip. Mix the choc. pudding powder in with the remaining whip and spoon into cookie crust. Top with leftover whip

( I guess it is the same thing as Frumom's just that in this one, you actually whip up the whip)

rosenus

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 5:58 pm
melalyse wrote:
Lemon Freeze

One small container of whipped topping whipped, a can of lemon pie filling and a small jar of marshmallow fluff in a graham cracker crust. It makes two.

where do you put what? and does this taste good?

gold21

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 6:16 pm
peanut butter chocolate crunch: cornflakes are mixed with melted chocolate chips and melted peanut butter. just mix all together and flatten out in foil pan. put in fridge to solidify. take out of fridge for 10 minutes and let it soften a bit b4 eating

faigie

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 6:26 pm
wonderful ideas!!!!!!!

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 7:07 pm
ChavieK wrote:
Let sorbet & ice cream soften. Put into cupcake holders in 2 or 3 layers. refreeze.To serve drizzle some raspberry or choc on the plate & remove from the paper. My friend served this & it looked so pretty.

This one is really good since it looks really complicated but is sooo easy. I layer mango sorbet, soy vanilla ice cream, and raspberry sorbet and then serve with raspberry drizzles (bought) and raspberries.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 10:12 am
At the bottom of this page in Similar Topics is "Recipe Needed: Ice Cream cake w/ crust" It's easy, no bake & unbelievably good.

melalyse

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 8:45 pm
You whip up the whipped topping and then mix in the pie filling and marshmallow fluff. Then you put it in the graham cracker crust.

Yes, it is very yummy. I make it every week.

rise above

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 5:55 am
Cookies in kahlua

1. whip up dessert whip (depending on how big your trifle bowl is you may need 1-3)

2. dip brought chocolate chip cookies in mixture of non-dairy creamer and kahlua- or any coffee liquer.

when soft:

layer in trifle bowl cookies, whip, cookies, whip .....
on top put some chocolate chips!

freeze and take out of freezer a little before serving to thaw.

It looks great and tastes AMAZING and its super easy (just costs a bit cuz you need to buy the cookies and the whip!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics