Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
6 y.o. boys birthday gift ideas - Help asap!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 10:59 am
Please help! I have 2 b-day parties this week and just had a baby, so I have to buy gifts from amazon asap so they deliver.

Help please! I need 2 gifts for 6 y.o. boy b-day parties

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:01 am
What's your budget?
I got my boys Timex watches when they turned 5 and they love them. For about $15, you can get kids timex watches on amazon.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:03 am
I just bought my soon to be 6 year old son a big, orange garbage truck. He chose it and loves it. I paid 50 shekels for it.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:13 am
Thanks for the ideas - HY - I think that watches are a good idea, but more one that comes from a parent and not from the child's friend.

As for the truck CM, I"m not sure.

Maybe a game or toy? I don't know how much to spend, but prob. 15-20?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:19 am
Got it.
My mother got my son a Connect 4 that he builds himself (U-Build-It is the name of the brand I think)...but he needed some help doing it. If it's the sort of family that the boy will have an older sibling to play with, it's great; otherwise go for more independent toys.
ThinkFun has some great independent toys -- Rush Hour (we have Jr, but we got it when my son was 4) is wonderful and in that budget.

Barbara

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:33 am
Mimisinger wrote:
Please help! I have 2 b-day parties this week and just had a baby, so I have to buy gifts from amazon asap so they deliver.

Help please! I need 2 gifts for 6 y.o. boy b-day parties

Mazel tov!

Lego. If you're doing Amazon, make sure you use Amazon Prime sellers to get free shipping over $25. Spend $12.50 each. Or spend less and throw in something you need.

At that age, I always looked for deals on lego.com

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sales-And-Deals

and stockpiled birthday gifts.

abby1776

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:59 am
My 6 yo son and his friends love LEGO, LEGO, LEGO. Second to that is playmobil but that is expensive. You also cannot go wrong with matchbox cars.

if you are looking for a board game, my son also likes to play the game - Trouble - its kind of like sorry with less pieces.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children