Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
"lighter" "fluffier" butternut kugel

ceo

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 12:10 pm
Recently I bought a butternut kugel from a takeout store. It was really good: the taste wasn't any different than any other butternut kugel, but the texture was really amazing: it was super smooth, and it wasn't as dense, it was a bit "airy-ier". Assuming the store won't give me the recipe, Smile any suggestions on how to make a butternut kugel this way? Should I try beating or whipping the eggs?

mizle10

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 8:13 am
What type of kugel are you comparing it with? I have a very smooth butternut squash kugel recipe, but I'm not sure what you mean by light.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 10:37 am
I don't know, but what about whipping the squash and separately whip the eggs and fold?

ceo

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 1:32 pm
the butternut squash kugel that mizle10 is pretty similar to the one I already use. I'm going to try hers, but follow yo'ma's suggestion and beat then fold in the eggs. I'll let you know how it turns out.

When I said "light" I mean that the kugel itself was less dense than the one I made. I'm don't think I'm explaining it so well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes