Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone familiar with daytrana patch?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 10:19 pm
ds has adhd, we've tried several meds. now the dr gave him daytrana patch. anyone with any put?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 10:54 pm
bump

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 9:13 pm
bump

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 9:18 pm
What do you want to know about it?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 9:24 pm
my son is on it. he is doing great B"H. I'm not sure what you want to know but my son won't take pills/drink medicine so this was our only option. the good thing about the patch is that it works all day as opposed to the mid day crash that the pills can have - his meds last him until he get's home from school - after 6

Downside is that he complains that it itches him - word of advice make sure your child put's the patch on the fatty part of his/her thigh or whatever area they tell you to place it. My son is super skinny so he doesn't really have a fatty part but they say that helps with the itching. Also sometimes it's red and irritated when he takes it off but we put cream on it.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try and answer them

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 9:39 pm
OP here. These are some of the questions I have. How long does it take for it to kick in. My DS is on Metadate and has stomach issues and needed an increased dose which caused stomache issues. I was wondering if the patch method would help avoid stomach aches and/or nausea. Anybody with these issues?
I have read many reports of irritation at the patch site. He is pretty sensory and was wondering if the irritation would be a deal breaker.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. These are some of the questions I have. How long does it take for it to kick in. My DS is on Metadate and has stomach issues and needed an increased dose which caused stomache issues. I was wondering if the patch method would help avoid stomach aches and/or nausea. Anybody with these issues?
I have read many reports of irritation at the patch site. He is pretty sensory and was wondering if the irritation would be a deal breaker.

We saw improvement right away. Even now when we forget to reorder and have a day or 2 lag it's not noticeable. Longer than that we start to notice but once he's back on it only takes a day to see improvement.
My son never had stomach issues or nausea but I have heard that one side affect is loss in appetite - we never had that since as I mentioned before my son is super skinny and doesn't have the biggest appetite altogether. He definitely doesn't eat less due to the patch.

My son definitely get's bothered by the itching and irritation - I'm not going to lie it's annoying and he kvetches sometimes - in the winter it seems to be worse than summer, possibly due to the dry cold weather but he is old enough to see a difference and he's ok with kvetching through it to be able to focus in school.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 10:52 pm
Thanks so much for the info. I was wondering if you had tried any of the others Ritalin, Concerta, Focalin... and how does it compare?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 9:17 am
Different amother here my son is also on it because he can't take pills
The first time we tried it it worked great he became a happy child then we had to stop because of irritation about a year later we started again its not working as well but it definitely helps something
My son is definitely nauseaus he basically does not eat all day until it wears off on days he doesn't take it he can eat tons
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics