Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which Booster car seat to get?

graphixmom

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 11:19 pm
My almost 3 yr old is now in the Graco Myride 65 and LOVES it! I have a 9 month old who I would like to switch now from the infant seat to the Myride car seat since its convertible and he's growing out of his infant seat. I need to buy a new car seat for my almost 3 year old. he weighs 30 lbs. Does he still need a harness? is he too young for something like Recaro Vivo? what do you have for your toddlers?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 10:51 am
I have a Recaro Vivo...for my 6 year old. I would NOT put a 3 year old in a booster seat. They don't have the maturity to sit still, not cross their legs, etc for the buckle to lay in the right place and secure them.
Not to mention "almost" 30 lbs is too small for almost every booster.

Go with a harnessed seat. Some are combinations (can be changed from harness to booster) but honestly most are not good as boosters. Boosters are cheap enough as is, and you can always pass on the FF to this baby if you IY"H have another that will use the MyRide.

If you want some harnessed seat recommendations, I'd be happy to give some...is your 3 yo short/tall? What is your budget? Do you go on short rides or also long trips? What does he like about his current seat (e.g. cup holder, padding, etc) so we can try to make sure he has the features he likes Smile

graphixmom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 7:14 pm
hi! Thank you for responding. by booster, I didnt really mean booster booster, I meant a booster type that has a harness. I would like one that would last him a while. he's average height. we go on short rides and long rides. all types. we're in and out of the car alot. what I love and what he loves about his car seat now is that its really really comfortable. I love the fact that when he falls asleep in it, which he does often, his head doesnt fall forward. it has a nice amount of padding and yes, we love the cup holder, it does come in handy for snacks, etc. I would spend up to 150 if I have to for a good car seat.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:19 pm
OK. the Recaro Vivo is only a highback booster, there is no harness, so that is why I was assuming you were looking into that genre.

I would highly recommend the Graco Nautilus for a well padded forward facing carseat that will last a good while. It's under $150, has the good head support for naps in the car, and works pretty well for almost any kid.
This is what my 4.5 year old is sitting in, but sometimes my 3 year old sits in it as well; it's easy enough to loosen/tighten the straps (and the harness height happens to be the same for them at this point).

observer

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:59 pm
My dd has the graco nautilus and we're very happy with it. She doesn't fall asleep in the car, though, so I can't comment on that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics