Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Afternoon siyum

MommytoFour

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 12:41 pm
I'm making a Sunday afernoon siyum for my 7 year old son iy"h, and I want to know what to serve? It's not lunch and not supper, but what could I serve to make it nice? I thought of guacomoly (however you spell it) with chips, vegetables with a dip, chocolate covered pretzels, a salad, and not what else? I'll bake some things, but I want some real food also. Any suggestions are appreciated. THanks!

yo'ma

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 12:54 pm
Is it for his friends or family?
little sandwiches, mini pizzas, knishes?

MommytoFour

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 12:57 pm
for family but k"h there are lots of children involved also. Smart idea little sandwiches!

sbs

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 1:10 pm
if you want fleishigs how about franks and blanks and mini potato knishes or french fries, those are always a hit
could you get a hold of cotton candy or popcorn machine, or one of those choc fountains and then have skewers and marshmallows and pretzels sticks to dip in
if you want milchigs, mini pizzas as already mentioned is a great idea, you could buy ready made round pizza doughs and you just put on sauce and cheese, french fries with this as well

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 5:37 pm
For 7yrs olds, I would avoid dips (including guacamoles) or chocolatecovered anything (especially chocolate fountains), unless you have adequate number of adults supervising, or you love having those adorable fingerprints along walls.

I would stick to fish fingers, mini bagel sandwiches or mini pizzas, veggie sticks, cut fruits, cupcake (you can do alef beit letterings on icing pens). Nothing that can get messy.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 6:48 pm
why don't you make it at lunchtime or dinnertime, then? isn't a siyum a seudas mitzvah ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics