Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Should I be worried?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 11:41 pm
My 15 month old has constant high fever for over 24 hours already. I was at the doctor today and they could not find the cause, they took blood work and count was a little high but not too worry some he said. Urine showed a little dehydration but she bh drank so that should be ok too. He mentioned its probably Roseola which is high fever for few days which then breaks into a rash)
Her fever around 103-105 for most part of the day and I am alternating with tylenol and motrin every 3-4 hrs.
Has anyone got experience with Roseola, is it normal for the fever to be so high for most of the day.
Even after the medication it goes down a but like to 101-102 for a very short time then jumps back up.
sorry if I am rambling I am just worried,

5*Mom

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 2:45 am
Very very very common to have high fever at this age from ANY virus, not just roseola. My kids ONLY get super-high fever. I don't usually take them to the doc until the 3rd day unless I notice a specific symptom (garden variety viruses don't usually have any other than the high fever) b/c if I don't notice a symptom there will be nothing for the doc to see either. It usually resolves on its own.

I also alternate Tylenol and Motrin. Be exacting with the dosing, Tylenol in particular. Refuah sheleima!

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 10:24 pm
we have one son prone to febrile seizures (brought on by high fevers he gets from whatever's going around) and doctor told us that best way to keep the fever down is mechanically not pharmacologically. so we put wet paper towels under his armpits, damp undershirt, and dampen his hair along with the tylenol. works wonders at getting fever down and keeping it down. what the virus actually is is usually not that important - the fever shows that the body is taking care of that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics