Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How should I deal with dd taking a day off kingergarden?

Esther01

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 10:48 am
well of course I let her stay home...

here's the story.

she loves school, loves her teachers, BUT HATES the bus ride. there is no other way for her to get to school. she complains every day before going that the bus ride is so long and that she wants to stay home.(it is extemley long 40 minutes, but they can't change it. I already spoke to them many times) I explained to dd, talked, gave her treats, gave her crayon to color on the bus, made a chart, you name it.... but still every morning the complaining..... it can drive me NUTS Mad

today I decided, 'ok, you know what, stay home and you'll see how boring it is to stay home... mommy cleans up, cooks, takes care of the baby, goes to weigh in, etc.... you're sure you want to stay with mommy?' she still wanted to stay home.

so I decided I will really give her a boring day, I won't sit and play with her till other dd comes home from school, she'll just have to occupy herself all morning.

when I spoke to dh about an hour ago he said, maybe she needs one day home just with mommy, with out the competition of her sister who is just a year and a half younger.... but I'm affraid if she'll have a fun day she'll give me a bigger fuss tomorrow about going to school.

what do you think?

I would apreciate a quick response since its 10:45 and my younger dd comes home at 2:15....

bandcm

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 10:54 am
I would make it boring. Kindergarten is fun! Only the babies stay home with Mommy, because they are too young to have fun.
If she needs time with you, don´t do it on the cheshbon of her education. (I know, it´s only kindergarten, but if you follow this reasoning, she´ll need a day off with you when she´s fourteen too.)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 10:57 am
why not have a great fun day with her! tell her this is a day she gets to spend with you because u know how much she doesnt like the bus you decided to give her a break, so that tommorrow shell be ready to go on the bus again..... make sure she understands that this is only as long as she continues to go on the bus after this time.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 11:16 am
I was always a working mom so had no choice....but maybe you can speak to the bus driver about it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers