Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Sharing a babysitter

amother

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 5:08 pm
We have a live-in babysitter/housekeeper who doesn't have much to do during the day now that my kids are in school full time. I still need her because my husband and I leave very early in the morning and don't get home until after the kids do. So I'm trying to work out a sharing situation with another family in the neighborhood and found what could be the perfect match. Problem is, this mother wants my sitter to watch her infant son in my house.

This works out very well for me since I need my sitter home in the morning to make sure the kids get off to school on time. And this mother would need my sitter to start at 7:30.

But my husband is concerned that if G-d forbid something should happen to this child in my home, that we would be held responsible, we could be sued, and we would lose everything we have. I know he's right, but I'm so anxious to work out a sharing situation and save money that I may not be thinking about this rationally.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a similar situation that worked out just fine? I'm even considering contacting a lawyer to see if some sort of contract can be signed by both parties, freeing us from any liability should an accident happen in our home.

sarahla

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 5:55 pm
Yes definately hire a lawyer to do a contract because if CH"V something happen they can sue you.
what I find odd is if I was the mother of infant I'd rather have the sitter in my house and not yours (ie since the crib and all of baby's staff is there anyways.

In the end better be safe than sorry Very Happy

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 6:02 pm
sarahla wrote:
Yes definately hire a lawyer to do a contract because if CH"V something happen they can sue you.
what I find odd is if I was the mother of infant I'd rather have the sitter in my house and not yours (ie since the crib and all of baby's staff is there anyways.

In the end better be safe than sorry Very Happy
ITA .

Make a contract of agreements for both sides and both sign. You will feel more comfortable and relaxed and Im sure she will too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics