Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Hamodia's Serials
1  2  Next

Chaya123

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 11:49 am
I am so thoroughly enjoying them and this wk's were major cliffhangers. OMG, Shayna's mother answers her cell phone and it's her long since gone and hated ex-husband! Whoooaoooo!! I can't wait to read next wk's, unless they totally don't focus on that and make us wait 2 wks!
Reuven finally realizes that his wife used to make up stories and then he hears firsthand from his upstairs neighbor how she never met his wife. Something is definitely about to happen!
Esther and Miri decide to drive out without licenses or their parents knowing. My guess is they'll be in an accident and somehow her father will finally realize his wrongdoing.
also, I can't get over how Sarah decides to stick up for herself. Where did she get this newfound boldness and courage? Seems similar to Mishpacha's Charades but over there was much more gradual. Here, one wk she's shaking from fear and the next wk, she stomps out to a Rav. Wow!

Bundy

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 8:32 pm
Chaya123 wrote:

also, I can't get over how Sarah decides to stick up for herself. Where did she get this newfound boldness and courage? Seems similar to Mishpacha's Charades but over there was much more gradual. Here, one wk she's shaking from fear and the next wk, she stomps out to a Rav. Wow!

Ah, I couldn't resist this one even though you didn't get anything out of me on the other thread! LOL
Did you notice what's fueling Sarah's newfound "courage" at the moment? Anger!!!!! Mad Enough said! Smile

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Dec 02 2011, 8:23 am
Bundy wrote:
Chaya123 wrote:

Ah, I couldn't resist this one even though you didn't get anything out of me on the other thread! LOL
Did you notice what's fueling Sarah's newfound "courage" at the moment? Anger!!!!! Mad Enough said! Smile

You know, you're amazing. If I had been what you've been through I'd be writing about Flower and Ice cream and Party and Flower and sunshine and rainbows. I don't know where you get the energy. I'm having trouble riding this trainwreck but get such a kick out of my husband turning straight to your story when we get the Hamodia (and he is NOT a fiction reader). I'm not sure what this says.

Chaya123

Post Fri, Dec 02 2011, 12:29 pm
Bundy wrote:
Chaya123 wrote:

Ok, that's great! Keep it coming! Can't wait for next wk's Hamodia! and please don't keep us in suspense abt Esther and Miri!

September June

Post Fri, Dec 02 2011, 12:42 pm
Bundy, when is the therapist coming? She is needed there ASAP.

Bundy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 6:25 pm
September June wrote:
Bundy, when is the therapist coming? She is needed there ASAP.

She's coming, she's coming...hold on...banging head

Chaya123

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 12:21 pm
Bundy, this wk was excellent and SO SUSPENSEFUL! I just knew they would get into an accident but why did it have to stop there?
and I can't wait to see how Reuven will present his new "find" (high time) to his wife.
and how will Yaakov react to Sarah's boldnes? I think he'll be mighty MAD and do something really nasty.
Oh gosh! Can't wait 'til next wk!

September June

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 5:32 pm
Bundy, I was a bit disappointed with the rabbi's advice. If this woman has been abused for so long and never said boo why would she have the guts to go call an unknown therapist. (If we didn't need the therapist already, I wouldn't think sh would call her.)
Also, Reuven already thanked the neighbor for the oven and the neighbor already told him Alisa didn't use her oven. When Reuven had asked Alisa about it she lied to cover it up. (This was chapter 2 or 3 I think). Did Reuven and the neighbor both forget the conversation.
Of course, Esther's going to crash. Don't we all love teen 'drivers'.

Bundy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:13 pm
September June wrote:
Bundy, I was a bit disappointed with the rabbi's advice. If this woman has been abused for so long and never said boo why would she have the guts to go call an unknown therapist. (If we didn't need the therapist already, I wouldn't think sh would call her.)
Also, Reuven already thanked the neighbor for the oven and the neighbor already told him Alisa didn't use her oven. When Reuven had asked Alisa about it she lied to cover it up. (This was chapter 2 or 3 I think). Did Reuven and the neighbor both forget the conversation.
Of course, Esther's going to crash. Don't we all love teen 'drivers'.

Ah, no...got ya there! Gotta refresh your memory. Reuven and Alisa met the neighbors by the elevator on a Friday night. Reuven thanked her for the use of the oven and before she could respond, Alisa almost fainted!!

Hmm, the Rabbi. What advice would you have liked him to give Sarah?

Hey, I'm soooo glad that you're keeping me on my toes!!! LOL Keep it up! Very Happy

September June

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:48 pm
I don't care what the rabbi tells Sarah, I just didn't want her walking out of his office until I was sure she was getting help. WIth just a therapist's number, she can go home and just rationalize that it's not so bad and not get any help.

Chaya123

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 11:19 am
I don't know how the Rabbi is not afraid to just send her back home straight into her husband's wrath. Shouldn't a Rav be more careful than that?

Bundy

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 6:55 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
I don't know how the Rabbi is not afraid to just send her back home straight into her husband's wrath. Shouldn't a Rav be more careful than that?

All of my chapters are looked over by a (real) therapist first. Also, if you recall last week's episode, the Rabbi did check that there was no physical abuse taking place.

Sooooo, stay tuned and hold on to your hat! LOL

September June

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:06 pm
I had no doubts that your story was being looked over by a proffesional before going to print

I also have no doubt that Sarah will call the therapist, but what would the rabbi have done if she didn't? Also, what would the Rav have advised Sarah if Yaakov was physically abusive? (For some reason physical abuse is never talked about in frum publications.)

Bundy

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 5:38 pm
September June wrote:
I had no doubts that your story was being looked over by a proffesional before going to print

I also have no doubt that Sarah will call the therapist, but what would the rabbi have done if she didn't? Also, what would the Rav have advised Sarah if Yaakov was physically abusive? (For some reason physical abuse is never talked about in frum publications.)

Seeing as how I'm not writing about physical abuse, this question is hypothetical (and yes, physical abuse is much harder to talk about in an open forum).

As for the Rabbi and Sarah...stay tuned for that saga.

And if you want to know what my fictional Rabbi would say to my physically abused protaganist...it would be...Run! Get the heck out of there fast, maybe to a shelter to start with. But then again, my characters are fictional! Hope the "real" Rabbis would say the same.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 7:34 pm
Sorry, the quote box wasn't there, this is re Bundy's stating that had the abuse been physical the rabbi would have said run.
I just wanted to say that non-physical abuse can still lead to tragedy, suicide, etc.
I'm sure that you don't mean to minimize the potential results, and will address this in some non-pedantic way.

Bundy

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 8:40 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Sorry, the quote box wasn't there, this is re Bundy's stating that had the abuse been physical the rabbi would have said run.
I just wanted to say that non-physical abuse can still lead to tragedy, suicide, etc.
I'm sure that you don't mean to minimize the potential results, and will address this in some non-pedantic way.

Hi Pink Fridge,
Certainly I will be adressing the consequences of non-verbal abuse (actually, my entire story is about that), but what I meant to emphasize was whether Sarah was in immediate physical danger from her husband as opposed to any harm she might want to inflict on herself.

Have a wonderful Shabbos (cuddled up with Hamodia! LOL )

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 8:58 am
Bundy wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:

Hi Pink Fridge,
Certainly I will be adressing the consequences of non-verbal abuse (actually, my entire story is about that), but what I meant to emphasize was whether Sarah was in immediate physical danger from her husband as opposed to any harm she might want to inflict on herself.

Have a wonderful Shabbos (cuddled up with Hamodia! LOL )

Oh, I will. I'm behind a bit. I really hope the rabbi's not so gullible. That will make me totally lose faith in (fictional) humanity...

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 11:23 pm
Just have to say Bundy that this week you took the cake. I was terrified this was all going to be too neat and nicely wrapped up -- I'm so relieved it's real and that you're showing how he's supporting a women's shelter OMG that was gr8! My only complaint is the segments are too short. Smile

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:56 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:
Just have to say Bundy that this week you took the cake. I was terrified this was all going to be too neat and nicely wrapped up -- I'm so relieved it's real and that you're showing how he's supporting a women's shelter OMG that was gr8! My only complaint is the segments are too short. Smile

Still the first thing much of my family goes to. Getting higher on my list too - I no longer read it between shuttered hands ;-)

Bundy

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 9:00 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:

Thanks, I LoveLIFE! Now the REAL plot twist would be when Yaakov ends up in the women's shelter!!!! LOL LOL
And, Pink Fridge, so happy to hear you're breathing a little easier now...phew. Smile Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room