Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The ONLY positive thinking thread...
1  2  Next

how many times a day you thank hashem in your own words?
at least once a day  
 74%  [ 44 ]
I never think about it  
 5%  [ 3 ]
I dont usually think about it but when I do I thank him  
 20%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 59

hello3

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 3:11 am
iv been feeling for a while, how come we can only think negative??? "oy how many tzaros"
we only know how to turn to hashem when things dont go for us (or for some one else)- like when was the last time u picked up a tehillim just for the sake of davening and thanking hashem for all hes done for us?!?!?! how come we can always say "soooooo many kids are sick"- perhaps we dont see the amount of kid that are healthy???how many singles or divoces -look how many couples are happily married. y is it that we have thoughts of "I just cant see the good in this" while not focusing on how much good hashem has really sent us!!!!!!!!!!look how many babies are born! how many engagements and marriages happen. when you are zoche to have a bar mitzva/bat mitzvaor even the small things-like waking up in the morning and being able to see.
how come we always think of what we can do to change to situation-y do things in order to change hashems hanhaga??? y not do things in order to give nachas ruach to hashem??? hashem is tov umetiv im beriyosav- all he wants is our good so how can we possibly do this to him??that we cry "y hashem"?? how come we take things for granted??? we are being totally "kafoy tov" towards him.
the point of this thread is to try and focus on all the good hashem gives each person individually.
I want each one to post AT LEAST 3 things that she has to thank hashem for. I will start with my list and everyone can go on...
I thank hashem for:
1.not only being healthy but for also not being crossed eyed.having all my fingers.not missing any teeth(esp. not front ones).
2.for my loving and caring husband that is also healthy.
3.for my job that I love.
4.for my apt. I live in(I love my home)
5.for my loving and caring family including my inlaws.
6.for being able to appreciate what I have.
7.for the beautiful world hashem created-the colors. flowers. ocean.sky.grass.animals. nature all together is just gorgeous!!!!!
I think u got the point...please please please post only only happy things.in everything u can find hashems chessed!!!!!!!
I hope u get my point...sry im just sooo sick and dired of hearing only tzaros and sighs I want to hear laughter and joy!!!

youngmum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 3:35 am
wow what a beautiful thread.
It;s not raining today
I was able to daven the whole davening this morning.
I made cream cheese and it came out so good. (just couldn't resist, I'm so excited. I LOVE c.cheese)

I have to thank Hashem for the bracha of being able to acknowledge all these wonderful things.
That was BH easy for me. I hope this thread gets really long!

Last edited by youngmum on Sun, Dec 04 2011, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Bliss

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 3:55 am
I can use practice on positive thinking. I used to be much more focused on positive than negative but it seems like I've lost that part of me pretty much. ooops, that's a negative!

Seriously speaking, there is so much good around us, they're countless. Hashem is so good to us. To start, our every breath is a gift.

Bliss

I can use practice on positive thinking. I used to be much more focused on positive than negative but it seems like I've lost that part of me pretty much. ooops, that's a negative!

Seriously speaking, there is so much good around us, they're countless. Hashem is so good to us. To start, our every breath is a gift.

curlgirl

First of all, there are plenty of threads on positive topics, just count them.

No, there are no threads with titles like "my DH is so wonderful", "I have such a talented DD" and "I'm so rich" because usually there is no need to VENT or ask for ADVICE when things are going well.
Those two are the purposes of all the "tzaros" threads you see here and decry so heartbreakingly.

I'm glad you don't have the problems these other people have, b"h. Why start a whole thread aimed at RUBBING IT IN?!

This is the main problem I have with Facebook too, it seems it is used most often for showing off. Which is what this is. If things are so wonderful, go thank those who make it so, thank Hashem, do chessed. Why list it all here? For what purpose?

*Especially upset as I just came from the "DH falling apart I can't" thread*

youngmum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 8:54 am
Gosh, I don't think the op meant to rub it in when she started this thread. If it's really so terrible to spread some positive energy around then maybe we should report this.
You're right it's not nice to show off. And I'm sorry if anyone feels that this thread is 'rubbing in' their problems. Yes, we are in golus and times are hard, for EVERYONE. I can think of a list of (at least) ten things to vent and complain about. But that's exactly what this thread is NOT about. Maybe we should make a subtitle here that says 'for fortunate ppl only'.
I think it's a nice idea to think about the positive points in our lives and why not share it? It's really eye-opening sometimes.
(If you'll notice, I edited my post to be more general and I apologize in case it was insensitive in any way.)

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:16 am
curlgirl wrote:
First of all, there are plenty of threads on positive topics, just count them.

No, there are no threads with titles like "my DH is so wonderful", "I have such a talented DD" and "I'm so rich" because usually there is no need to VENT or ask for ADVICE when things are going well.
Those two are the purposes of all the "tzaros" threads you see here and decry so heartbreakingly.

I'm glad you don't have the problems these other people have, b"h. Why start a whole thread aimed at RUBBING IT IN?!

This is the main problem I have with Facebook too, it seems it is used most often for showing off. Which is what this is. If things are so wonderful, go thank those who make it so, thank Hashem, do chessed. Why list it all here? For what purpose?

*Especially upset as I just came from the "DH falling apart I can't" thread*

Actually, I wrote a post about how proud I am of my husband. A couple months later someone else did as well. Threads were started wishing me a Mazal Tov when each of my boys were born and I've started a thread or two wishing a member the same. I started a thread announcing my daughter's engagement and I'm fairly certain I also started a thread posting photos from the wedding. I even posted a thread once or twice thanking a particular member in public because I thought she deserved it. And of course let's not forget the shepping nachas thread of the Photos of our Cuties.

I didn't post any of these threads(or post to them) to 'rub it in' to those who aren't proud of their husbands, don't/can't have kids or who bemoan the fact they can't marry off their kids. I did it so others can share in my Simcha and maybe even gain Chizzuk from reading about the positives in my life. And for the record, my husband suffers from depression and has Asperger's and ADD. My first son was conceived after a year of fertility treatments and my daughter (and I for that matter) is overweight. So even with our Brachot, there's a bit of Nisayon with it too.

BTW, the reply cards on my (second) wedding invitation read "A celebration becomes a Simcha when shared with family and friends". It took me a minute to really appreciate what it meant, but I agree with it wholeheartedly.

And if you're unfortunately not in a place to share in my Simcha, DON'T READ THE THREAD.

Inspired

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:22 am
Yesha, did you read what hello3 wrote in her original post? She wrote how she is SICK of reading tzaros. Her OP cannot be compared to a mazal tov thread at all. It is complaining that people voice their tzaros. IMO it is rude and nasty to word the post that way. She cold have easily posted a thread saying "hey, lets share something positive" but instead she had to turn it into something ugly against the posters who use the board to get support for their troubles.

youngmum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:27 am
Inspired, I hear ya, it didn't have to be worded that way....

curlgirl

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:29 am
youngmum wrote:
Gosh, I don't think the op meant to rub it in when she started this thread. If it's really so terrible to spread some positive energy around then maybe we should report this.

Writing about what's great in your personal life is spreading positive energy? How?

youngmum wrote:
Yes, we are in golus and times are hard, for EVERYONE.

IMO this is just arrogant. I would never dare to say or even think this in regard to some of the people I know (and "know" from here). Times are actually not hard for everyone bh, and certainly not to the same extent.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:35 am
Hello, Hello!

Maybe, if it's not too much trouble, you can rename this "the positive thinking ONLY thread".

youngmum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:46 am
I'm not trying to put down anyone's tzaros. I'm not trying to equate them either. I'm just saying that it never hurt anyone to stop and think about the good in life. See the spinoff thread, some ppl said it very nicely.
Maybe ppl are more sensitive than I thought. Maybe just jealous. (can't think of any other reason sharing happy things isn't spreading positive energy)
Sorry everyone for sharing. I'll just take this as a personal reminder for myself and I;ll thank Hashem and I don't have to share it...
Should I delete that post up there?

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:46 am
Inspired wrote:
Yesha, did you read what hello3 wrote in her original post? She wrote how she is SICK of reading tzaros. Her OP cannot be compared to a mazal tov thread at all. It is complaining that people voice their tzaros. IMO it is rude and nasty to word the post that way. She cold have easily posted a thread saying "hey, lets share something positive" but instead she had to turn it into something ugly against the posters who use the board to get support for their troubles.

Um.. you're talking about the first post in this thread, correct? Because nowhere do I see the OP saying she's sick of reading about everyone else's hardships. She wishes more people would right a post "Hodu l'Hashem Ki Tov!"

youngmum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:48 am
no yesha, it wasn't me either...

tsiggelle

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:52 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Hello, Hello!

Maybe, if it's not too much trouble, you can rename this "the positive thinking ONLY thread".

I think that that was what op meant to say.

5*Mom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:57 am
I think it would have gone down a little smoother if the OP would have spoken for herself only instead of saying things like:

hello3 wrote:
how come we can only think negative??? ...we only know how to turn to hashem when things dont go for us (or for some one else)- like when was the last time u picked up a tehillim just for the sake of davening and thanking hashem for all hes done for us?!?!?! how come we can always say "soooooo many kids are sick"- perhaps we dont see the amount of kid that are healthy???how many singles or divoces -look how many couples are happily married. y is it that we have thoughts of "I just cant see the good in this" while not focusing on how much good hashem has really sent us!!!!!!!!!!...
how come we always think of what we can do to change to situation-y do things in order to change hashems hanhaga??? y not do things in order to give nachas ruach to hashem??? hashem is tov umetiv im beriyosav- all he wants is our good so how can we possibly do this to him??that we cry "y hashem"?? how come we take things for granted??? we are being totally "kafoy tov" towards him.

Although I am sure she didn't mean to be, it is a bit presumptuous and insulting.

5*Mom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:58 am
And FTR, she did also say:

hello3 wrote:
I hope u get my point...sry im just sooo sick and dired of hearing only tzaros and sighs I want to hear laughter and joy!!!

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 10:05 am
5*Mom wrote:
And FTR, she did also say:

hello3 wrote:

My apologies, Insipired (yes I know 5*Mom pointed it out to me). I obviously didn't see that.

curlgirl

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 10:06 am
youngmum wrote:
Maybe ppl are more sensitive than I thought. Maybe just jealous. (can't think of any other reason sharing happy things isn't spreading positive energy)

shock REALLY?

Because they're in PAIN, maybe?

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 10:09 am
curlgirl wrote:
youngmum wrote:

:shock: REALLY?

Because they're in PAIN, maybe?

Again, you have the option to JUST NOT READ THE THREAD.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics