Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
HCG diet, I'm getting a headache!
Previous  1  2

freidasima

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 1:00 pm
HR I really think it depends on one's height, age, and level of activity. There are women who are slightly built and feel good and look good with a BMI of 22-23. Some of these women don't really need more than 1200 calories a day unless they are extremely active. Think five foot two and 110 lbs at a desk job eight hours a day and with about half an hour or so of yoga and ten minutes of other excercise a day. Not that strange. Sould be strange if a woman wants to weigh in at 135 lbs or BMI of 26-27 at five foot two but not if one wants to be 22...and again depends on the age. A girl of twenty three compared to a woman of fifty three....

kitov

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 1:10 pm
Tell me, are people really counting calories? I count my servings, I count my proteins, veggies, dairy, fruit and fat, but actually counting calories? That must be very time consuming.

freidasima

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 3:38 pm
One doesn't even think about it, it happens so naturally.

Let's see. For breakfast I had a medium banana (90) and a glass of hot soy milk with water (50). Then at ten I had another hot soy milk (50) and a slice of whole wheat bread (70). For lunch I had a clementina (50), three egg whites (45), a slice of whose wheat bread (70), a cucumber (20) and an orange pepper (30) and later some herbal tea. For dessert I wanted a sweet so I had three large dried dates (75) For dinner I had a bowl of homemade lentil soup with barley and carrots (200) a large piece of steamed chicken (200), a small bowl of whole wheat spaghetti (200) and for dessert another three dates (75). Later in the evening I had herbal tea (unsweetened).

Total? 1225 calories give or take depending on the proportion of soy milk to water, the exact size of the chicken, the exact amount of spaghetti and the exact amount of soup. Could be 1350, could be 1150 but more or less this was what I ate today. I was busy and didnt get to exercise as I was called to a levaya suddenly in the late afternoon when I would have gone home to do some exercise and by the time I got home it was time to serve dinner and after that I was full and exhausted. For me, at my height and weight and without exercising I probably could have done without the extree three dates at night but I wanted something sweet so...

I don't even think about counting calories, I do it so totally automatically. But it's also easy when you don't eat any processed foods and barely any "patchkerai" all together. Meaning no cake, no crackers, no cookies, no rolala, no kugels, everything is kind of "netto-brutto" except for my soups which have a bunch of stuff in them, But otherwise it's just the thing itself. Spaghetti. Bread. chicken. cucumber. pepper. clementina etc.

and as you can see, I get all the nutrition I need. Whole (complex) carbs, proteins, fruit, veg, sugar. Just no fat as my body can't deal with it but that's my personal issue, not a normal diet one.

Faigy86

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 3:43 pm
Once we are so far off topic...

kitov wrote:
Tell me, are people really counting calories? I count my servings, I count my proteins, veggies, dairy, fruit and fat, but actually counting calories? That must be very time consuming.

That is why WW came up with their point system - besides for the other nutritional reasons, but it was just too hard for people who wanted to be watching what they ate to count exact.

When I'm on ww (religiously) I eat 12-1300 calories also. It is a normal 'cheshboned' amount of food.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 4:24 pm
Not everyone will be underweight or even lose at 1200.

I'm 5'10, and if I want quick weight loss (no motivation for slow, just never go on) I need 700/800. Why? Probably because I am not 19 anymore, pregnancies can kill your metabolism, and I am willing to eat less in order to not exercize so my strength goes to my family. Now, I do not do it for social reasons or so people leave me alone Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics